Pages

10.08.2013- What I Wore Today #140

Saturday, 10 August 2013

The new season coat is a real transitional essential (rest assured I'll be putting together an edit of my favourites for winter soon!), but is something which most of us here in the UK have hurriedly neglected over the last few weeks- and after what felt like the most 'beyond the Wall' winter in ages, who can blame us, eh? However, the summer coat is something which is a pretty handy piece to keep stashed in your wardrobe, particularly with the unpredictable weather which has become more or less routine of late. I've had a few hidden away for a little while now, snapped up in various sales here and there, and they've been itching for an outing since I bought them. Luckily, last week, one of them finally escaped into the fresh air (and had a jolly good time whilst doing so, thanks very much!): 

 
Coat- Zara 
Tee- House of Holland 
Jeans- c/o Laura Ashley 
Shoes- Topshop 
Bag- c/o Warehouse
Sunglasses- Topshop (c/o Westfield London)

As far as bold wardrobe statements go, this is probably one of my most adventurous, but (rather brilliantly) I've found myself feeling a lot more liberated when it comes to shopping recently. Whereas even six months ago I would be pretty indecisive about picking up a piece like this, I'm going through something of a 'life's too short' phase at the moment- and the fact that it was in the sale meant that it was a real steal too. Here I teamed it with some block colour basics and my new statement tee from House of Holland- again another sale treat. You can just about see it here but I'm sure I'll be featuring it in more detail soon! 

P.S. The gorgeous backdrop here is provided by Hever Castle, where I visited last Monday. These pictures were taken before our adventure on the boating lake took an unexpected turn into a tree!

Have you picked up any sale steals recently? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

8 comments:

  1. Love this coat - reminds me of one that Kate Middleton wore a while back. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Sarah I'd give anything to raid your clothes!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat is so lovely! And what a pretty back drop :) x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful - yellow really suits you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coat is beaut, I am absolutly in love with it and i don't normally like yellow! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Sophie, I'd love to raid your wardrobe. That coat is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adore this coat, so Vuitton!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground