Pages

15.08.2013- What I Wore Today #141

Thursday, 15 August 2013

As I mentioned in my painterly themed post from last week, the marble effect print is one which has really caught my eye over recent weeks, and one which I'm definitely going to be investing in more as we ease our way towards autumn. As well as the pretty selection from Topshop which I've posted about, my new favourite shop & Other Stories also has a vivid selection of similar prints, in slightly brighter colourways which are perfect for bridging the gap between seasons during these increasingly shorter (sob!) late summer days. Last month, after making a sneaky post work detour to Oxford Street, I was finally able to pop in to the & Other Stories Store (more on that coming soon!), where I made a rather snazzy printed purchase: 

Blouse- & Other Stories 
Jeans- c/o Laura Ashley 
Bag- c/o Warehouse 
Shoes- Topshop 
Sunglasses- Topshop c/o Westfield London 

The truth of the matter is that I'd been eying this particular blouse up for weeks online, and was resolved to track it down before it disappeared altogether (as so much of the Stories stock seems to!) With only a couple left in store, I swiftly made my way to the fitting room and needless to say it was love at first try; not only are the vivid colours perfect for teaming with some of my favourite basics, but the relaxed fit makes it the ideal piece for surviving summer in the city. The painted effect is a really refreshing departure from so many of the florals which have tended to dominate my wardrobe, and it's definitely something which I know will become a real easy to wear essential. I'm sure it will also prove a real mood booster as the weather starts to become gloomier and the evenings start to draw in....the slow farewell to summer starts here! 

Have you got any new wardrobe favourites? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. Sarah your wardrobe is to die for my friend!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking like a dream as always Saz Faz! 'Shut up I love that shirt on you!' xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! That blouse is so pretty and the colours stand out really well! xo

    Rachel Nicole Blog
    Check out my Michael Kors Giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blouse, I really want to visit the &Other Stories store, their pieces are lovely!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blouse. I'm yet to buy anything from & Other Stories but definitely need to visit the shop again. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photos and the blouse is lovely, it is nice to have a change from florals and all the other usual patterns :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a lovely blouse! Especially pared down with some simple black trousers. You look lovely Sarah, and great backdrop for your snaps :) <3 Claire at Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground