Pages

24.08.2013- What I Wore Today #143

Saturday, 24 August 2013

As the slow farewell to summer begins, I'm finding myself thinking about how I can adapt some of my warm weather favourites for autumn. The pops of pink which have been punctuating a lot of new high end and high street collections offer the perfect bridge between seasons, and I've already drawn up a mental shopping list for payday- predominantly consisting of pieces from Zara! Over the last few seasons, it's become a real go-to shop for me, and whilst I was having a browse of the Covent Garden store a few weekends ago, I snapped up a piece which I'm sure is going to prove a ubiquitous favourite as winter approaches:

Jumper- Zara
Trousers- c/o Warehouse
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- Vintage

When I spied this jumper hanging unassumingly on a rail, I was sold. It's the perfect shade of pale pink and a really fine knit which means it's ideal for both the inbetweeny weather which we're experiencing at the moment and great for layering up as it gets chillier. The fact that it's quite a subtle tone also makes it a dream for teaming with lots of existing wardrobe favourites, as I did here with my patterned trousers from Warehouse. Teamed with my vintage sunglasses for a bit of a retro feel, the knit is a great basic which is a definite versatile essential- not bad for £20, eh?!

Have you been styling any new purchases recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. Great outfit - I adore those trousers, they are so pretty! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this jumper. I too have been eyeing up the knits as the weather is getting a bit rubbish again. I love these printed trousers too. I wish I could pull off printed trousers, but tom just tells me I look like im wearing PJS! haha!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those trousers are gorgeous! The jumper is such a great way to take them from a summer piece into an autumn piece - I love the whole look you have put together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This jumper is lovely, I really love blush pink!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah you really are such a beauty of a babe! I hope i'm seeing you on Sunday for some ping pong!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jumper *_*
    http://stilafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this jumper. I'm grudgingly starting to look at A/W pieces to gradually ease me into the new season gradually, this look is a perfect example! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground