Pages

01.09.2013- What I Wore Today #144

Sunday, 1 September 2013

Pinch punch! So September has arrived and there's a definite chill in the air today, don't you think? I'm already super tempted to raid my wardrobe for some favourite woolly knits (including this one!), but that's something which can wait for a little while yet as we make the most of the late summer sunshine- after all, if last winter was anything to go by, I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity to get reacquainted with my knitwear collection over the coming months! Anyway, as I mentioned a little while ago, I've been on something of a wardrobe cleansing mission of late- popping some bits on eBay and giving some older pieces to my local charity shop- and it's amazing how many forgotten favourites I've rediscovered in the process of having a much needed sort out:

Blouse- Topshop Boutique
Jeans- c/o Laura Ashley
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- c/o Warehouse
Sunglasses- Topshop (c/o Westfield London)

I bought this blouse from Topshop's Boutique sale nearly a year or so ago, and can't quite believe that it's been sitting in my wardrobe ever since! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore it, but for some reason it's always felt like more of a summer holiday purchase rather than something which I can wear to work. However, with the temperatures climbing towards the end of last week, I made the most of the few days off at my disposal and decided to give it a debut outing as I spent the day trekking around London with Sarah (our adventure included a visit to The Breakfast Club, so keep your eyes peeled for a post about that soon!) The teal shade is a really lovely departure from a lot of the pieces I tend to plump for, and it's ideal for pairing with some of my most-worn favourites too. 

Have you rediscovered any old purchases recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

9 comments:

  1. I love this blouse. I was freaking out this morning that it was cold and I had nothing to wear but the sun has made an appearance! Jealous of your trip to the Breakfast Club - its been on my list for ages! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the blouse. You should definitely wear it more often. In currently 4 and a half months pregnant so it's forcing me to pull out rarely worn items in an attempt to find things that still fit! I've found the odd gem lurking at the back of my wardrobe. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Saz Faz, you're looking so swish! I love that top! I'm having a wardrobe/room clearout and eBay session today so I'm sure I'll dig out some old gems. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, these jeans look very nice indeed. Love a bit of tourist posing with the telephone box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you look snazzy saz faz! As beautiful as ever!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love having a clear out and finding clothes I forgot about. Unfortunately for me, said clothes end up being too small for me! Must start exercising again!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos with the phone box in the background! Rediscovering clothes is amazing, it's like free shopping :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that bag, you can fit loads in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great here, that top is really unusual!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground