Pages

05.09.2013- What I Wore Today #145

Thursday, 5 September 2013

Oh London, you with your crazy heatwaves! Just when I was certain that it was time to surrender my sunglasses for another year, the weather down south has taken a rather sweltering turn- and whilst I'm sure it won't be this tropical for long, it's certainly a lovely way to bid a fond farewell to summer (as well as the perfect opportunity to indulge in a spot of frozen yogurt!) As I've mentioned in a fair few posts of late, keeping cool in the city when it's this warm can prove quite tricky, so I've definitely been opting for something of a 'less is more' approach to try and avoid turning a lovely shade of lobster as the temperatures climb:

Blouse- Zara
Trousers- c/o Clothing at Tesco
Shoes- Topshop
Bag- c/o Warehouse
Sunglasses- Topshop

I know, I know- another pair of crazy sunglasses. With friends like Aisling (aka the sunglasses queen!), it's easy to get obsessed with accessories, and this pair are a recent purchase from Topshop which may have crept their way into my shopping bag pre-payday- a splurge that's proved quite savvy now that the sunshine's back! This Zara blouse is another new addition to my wardrobe- and I'm sure it's not the last thing I'll be snapping up from their autumn drop. I love the printed detail here and the lightweight, semi-sheer fabric makes this the perfect piece for keeping the heat at bay; it's also something which I can't wait to start styling with some of my chunkier cardigans and staple blazers as autumn approaches. For a simple, relaxed look, I teamed it with a favourite pair of trousers from Clothing at Tesco, my much loved flats from Topshop and Warehouse tote.

Have you made any special purchases recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving the uber cool sunglasses!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weather is messing me about. I keep leaving the house dressed for autumn and by the time it comes to walking home its so hot! I love it, but its also so annoying.

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Cute! That tee is so unusual! I really like it! Enjoy the heatwave and the chance to wear your pretty new sunglasses, although you always find yourself needing sunglasses more in the winter, curse you low sun, I just feel silly wearing sunglasses in winter.

    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sunglasses! I have some similar ones xx

    Sophiespaldin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit, love the t-shirt! And the bag is lovely!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground