Pages

07.09.2013- Sweat It Out

Saturday, 7 September 2013

Over the last few months or so, I've developed something of an obsession with the humble sweatshirt. An innocent foray into heretofore uncharted wardrobe territory which all began with a simple purchase from Whistles has now spiralled a little out of control. Another Whistles number has recently been added to my collection (it seems I can't resist a French slogan!) and I'm already contemplating a few future purchases in the same vain. The sweatshirt is pretty much the perfect embodiment of the Sports Luxe phenomena, and is also a really easy piece to wear- whether it be with jeans, more formal trousers or a skirt for a masculine/feminine twist. The sweatshirt is also the perfect transitional addition to any wardrobe, hovering nicely just between the winter woolly and the summer blouse as an autumn staple, and I've got my eyes firmly fixed on a few favourites to see me through the coming months:

 Quilted Sweater, £25.99, Zara/C'est La Vie Sweater, £65, Whistles (via John Lewis)/ You Me Oui Jersey Sweatshirt, £57, Zoe Karseen at The Outnet/Rose Silver Grey Quilted Sweatshirt, £69, Reiss.

This quilted sweater from Zara's TRF range is something which has been on my wishlist for a wee while now as it's a real versatile classic in the making. The quilted detail adds a lovely little premium touch, and the contrasting monochrome makes the perfect wardrobe staple- I can just picture it teamed with the perfect pair of jeans and a statement necklace, can't you? I couldn't round up my pick of the best sweats in the shops at the moment without including the aforementioned recent purchase from Whistles- and anything which simultaneously improves your languages skills, taps into a key new season trend AND sounds out one of the best songs of the 1990s (thank you, B*Witched!) is a definite winner in my books. Zoe Karseen's instantly recognisable designs are some of the most coveted around at the moment, and this jersey sweatshirt from The Outnet is a real steal which would make the perfect addition to any new season wardrobe (plus it really reminds me of Love Hearts and any clothing that has connotations of sweets can be no bad thing, eh?!) Finally, this silver grey sweater from Reiss is another understated basic which lends itself really wonderfully to tapping into a more androgynous aesthetic- a real go to on days where it's tricky to know what to wear because of the weather, or for when you're drawn towards a more pared down, casual look.

Have you picked up any sweatshirts for the new season? 

(Image credit: Zara, John Lewis, The Outnet and Reiss.)

4 comments:

  1. I was admiring the Whistles sweatshirt the other day. Casual pieces are definitely growing on me this season. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely sweaters! I like your blog. Maybe you can visit my blog and follow me on gfc and bloglovin.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the ZARA one and sweatshirts are practical for winter so you sort of need to buy lots :P x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweatshirts on other people but I can never quite pull them off!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground