Pages

10.09.2013- What I Wore Today #146

Tuesday, 10 September 2013

After a few swelteringly hot days towards the end of last week, it's seems that autumn has now well and truly kicked off with a rather chilly bite. Whilst I'm sure I'll be complaining about the cold weather soon enough, at the moment it's quite refreshing to have a little bit of a nip in the air, as thoughts turn to the new season and perhaps a new winter purchase or two (or three, or four....!) Whilst I haven't yet resorted to digging out my heavy duty coats, my thoughts have definitely been turning towards making some investment buys which I know will carry me through the winter, and my outfit from the weekend incorporated a recent addition to my wardrobe which I know will become a real essential for the season ahead: 

 Dress-Topshop Boutique
Bag- Zara
Shoes- Topshop
Sunglasses- Topshop

This dress from Topshop's Boutique range had been on my wishlist for quite some time, so when payday came around a few weeks back I popped it in my basket as a little end of summer treat to myself. I think it's one of those pieces which you either love (as I do) or hate but I was really drawn to the contrasting yoke detail and the shape- with the long sleeves making it a really savvy investment for the coming months. On Saturday I wore it for a lovely sunny walk along the South Bank (hence the bare legs!) before a trip to The Globe to see A Midsummer Night's Dream- definitely a must-see if you can get your hands on a ticket before the run finishes. This type of versatile, simple piece is something which I'm finding myself drawn to more and more of late, and this style of dress- which can be teamed with thick tights and layered with plenty of winter warmers- is a real essential for me as temperatures drop.

Have you made any new season investment purchases recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. This dress is so unusual, I love it!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not made any winter purchases yet but this is lovely, a good investment piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made way too many purchases recently ooops mainly Fred Perry and lots of black x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground