Pages

12.09.2013- What I Wore Today #147- The F&F Denim Challenge: Part One

Thursday, 12 September 2013

If you're a regular reader of this little blog of mine then you'll know that I'm something of a long-standing denim devotee. Whether for lazy days or casual dressing, a trusty pair of jeans can stand you in good stead for so many different occasions, and are generally a real wardrobe essential as far as I'm concerned. So, when F&F contacted me about taking part in their very special denim challenge, I jumped at the chance. Taking a skinny fit pair and a boyfriend style and teaming them with F&F's finest new season pieces, the challenge is to create four looks (two for each denim fit), proving just how versatile and adaptable the humble pair of jeans can be. My first look pushed me a little way out of my style comfort zone, but is a combination which I really love:

 Jumper- c/o F&F
Boyfriend Jeans- c/o F&F
Shoes- c/o F&F (last season)
Sunglasses- Topshop

The boyfriend style of jean is something which I've more or less avoided up until now, convinced the style wouldn't suit me. The few pairs which I had tried on up until now didn't quite cut it in terms of the fit (the perils of being on the tall side!), but this style from F&F are pretty much perfect. Not only are they super comfortable but they're also the ideal addition to my casual wardrobe- perfect for teaming with some of my new favourite sweatshirts or basic tees for a more relaxed look. In anticipation of the chilly months ahead, here I styled them with a cosy jumper, also from F&F. The thick waffle knit lends a really practical feel, with the contrasting monochrome stitching ticking all sorts of trend boxes for the season ahead. Paired with some mannish slipper shoes and my trusty Michael Kors watch (as well as some sunglasses- forever anticipating the return of the sunshine!), this look is also one which taps into autumn's more androgynous leanings- and is a staple combination which I know I'll be returning to soon.

Are you a fan of boyfriend jeans?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. You're looking fly in the boyfriend fit sarah! Loving the cosy jumper.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground