Pages

16.09.2013- What I Wore Today #148

Monday, 16 September 2013

At the moment, I'm in the midst of London Fashion Week mania and am loving it. Reporting on a handful of shows for Aesthetic Online and pulling together snippets of my Somerset House adventures to share with you is really exciting, and I've been lucky enough to see some really beautiful work from some of my favourite designers up close (somehow managed to get a front row seat for Jean Pierre Braganza, craziness!) Although the courtyard at Somerset House has now become somewhat infamous for attracting an array of fashion peacocks and a scrum of street style photographers, simplicity has been the order of the day for me, and for day one on Friday I opted for a classic, much loved wardrobe ensemble which saw me comfortably through the (rather rainy!) day:

Jacket- Topshop
Blouse- Zara
Jeans- c/o Laura Ashley
Bag- Zara
Shoes- Topshop

Surprise, surprise, an outfit which more or less consists entirely of pieces from Zara or Topshop! This look features some much worn wardrobe staples, and each piece is really practical too- essential for flitting from venue to venue as I did on Friday. These jeans from Laura Ashley have more or less been on rotation from washing machine to wardrobe since I was so kindly sent them back in April, and the habit of wearing them at least once a week is one which I don't plan on breaking any time soon- they are honestly the most comfortable pair I own! Just to break up the block colour, I reached for my printed floral jacket from Topshop. Now over a year old, it's still a firm favourite and has proved ultra wearable- whether for work, or more casual occasions. Finally, I finished off this outfit with perhaps the most essential piece for London Fashion Week- a pair of comfortable shoes!

A big thank you to the lovely Michelle for the pictures!

What are your favourite simple pieces?

(Image credit: Michelle Chai, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. Sarah I ADORE this jacket - can't wait for a catch up on Weds!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the print on this jacket! Staple pieces for me include black skinny jeans! A must have!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I dont blame you. both Zara and topshop are amazing! Love the colors in that jacket

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely here, I really like your jacket!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground