Pages

19.09.2013- Currently Coveting: Transitional Favourites

Thursday, 19 September 2013

I don't know about you, but this chilly spell has definitely taken me by surprise. Whilst I love the back to school feeling which September brings with it, I'm still rather reluctant to pack away some of my summer favourites, especially as my brain is still struggling to understand how the year has flown by so quickly! If I'm honest, I still feel like I've not really had much of a summer, and although it was warm in London for a few days here and there, when you're having to contend with London Underground at rush hour the heat becomes public enemy number one! So, with the prospect of an Indian summer looking increasingly unlikely, and with a distinct nip in the air, my thoughts have been turning to transitional dressing:

Caramel Wool Coat, £199, Joules/Cashmere Knit Sweater, £79.99, Zara/Whistles Slate Print Wide Leg Trousers, £195, John Lewis/Frilled Collar Polo, £29.95, Joules/Lettie Hexagon Sunglasses, £18, Topshop/Essie Nail Polish in Vested Interest, £7.99, Boots/Pointed Moccasins, £25.99, Zara.

As it gets chillier, my first instinct is to reach for a good winter coat. My staple coats from last year are due a trip to the dry cleaner, and I've been eagerly keeping my eyes peeled for a new season investment piece to add to my collection. At the moment, I'm undecided on which one to plump for, but this colourful longline coat from Joules is a definite contender, and wearing bright shades during the gloomy winter months definitely helps to combat the winter blues, don't you think? If you follow me on Instagram, then the chances are you'll probably have seen me gushing about this jumper from Zara after trying it on in store last week- suffice it to say, it was love at first sight. Although a little on the pricey side, the fact that it's cashmere means that it's a real investment, and if the coming winter is anywhere near as cold as the last one was, it will definitely prove a worthwhile purchase. One sad thing about leaving summer behind is the fact that I'll have to temporarily say goodbye to my collection of printed trousers- alas most of them are too light to even contemplate wearing out when it's cold. However, I think I've found a solution in this gorgeous pair from Whistles- perfect for crossing the barrier between seasons and ultra chic too.

Last winter, I found that lots of layering was key to keeping the cold at bay, so this season I'll definitely be investing in lots of basic tees to layer under my favourite knits. This polo shirt from Joules incorporates a lovely collar detail which is a really nice touch for contrasting with chunky jumpers. Now, I know that any winter sun in Britain is rare, but when it does make a fleeting appearance it's well worth being prepared- these statement sunglasses from Topshop are ideal for keeping in your bag for the brief interludes when the rain dissipates. This nail polish from Essie's new season collection is definitely a must too- the cool grey shade with teal undertones is a real winter winner and a really refreshing alternative to the deep reds which tend to flood the shops as the festive season creeps ever closer. Finally, these shoes from Zara have been stalking me (or should that be vice-versa?!) for a fair while now- definitely an autumn purchase in waiting I think!

What are your transitional essentials?

*This post has been put together in collaboration with Joules.

(Image credit: Joules, Zara, John Lewis, Topshop & Essie.)

3 comments:

  1. the Joules coat is gorgeous! Bit out of my price range sadly.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trousers are such beauties! BUY THEM SARAH!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat! Absolutely beautiful!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground