Pages

24.09.2013- What I Wore Today #150

Tuesday, 24 September 2013

I don't know about you, but the changeable weather which punctuates the change of seasons has me all bewildered of late! From a soggy London Fashion Week, to a distinctly chilly few days last week and now some almost summer-like sunshine- it makes getting dressed in the morning a puzzle of pretty epic proportions! At times like this I tend to have a bit of a panic about my wardrobe, so have been eagerly saving my pennies for some practical new season treats which I can style easily for changeable days: 

Trench Coat- Whistles
Dress- ASOS
Bag- Zara
Shoes- Topshop
Rings- Birthday presents, The Bohemian Collective, ASOS, Alex Monroe & Libertine by Giles Deacon 

After putting together my transitional and back to school edits, it seemed like it was high time that I took my own advice and invested in a season to season essential- so last weekend, I treated myself to the Riley trench from Whistles. I've only had it for a few days and I can honestly say already that it's one of the best investments I've made- it's beautifully cut, with a lovely lining and is water resistant, which makes it perfect for our climate. It's a real timeless classic too, and I know that it's going to become a real staple for years and years to come- so all in all a pretty sensible purchase in the long run. On Saturday, I teamed it with another special buy in the shape of this dress from ASOS, taking a leaf out of the lovely Sophie's book and embracing the midi for autumn. If I'm honest, it was a bit of a spur of the moment splurge, but one which I'm really happy with. The monochrome print is perfectly accented by the splash of pink at the collar (two trends with one stone and all that!), and it's a really lovely alternative to a lot of the trousers and jeans which make up the majority of my day to day wardrobe.

Have you picked up any new favourites recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. About bloody time you brought that trench coat! It absolutely gorgeous and such a sound investment. Yes i'm eyeing up your dress - might have to be a copycat...
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this outfit, that dress is AWESOME!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're building up such a good collection of Whistles pieces - love this trench! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground