Pages

28.09.2013- The Whistles x Grazia Edit

Saturday, 28 September 2013

When it comes to high street shopping, we all know that I've got a real soft spot for Whistles. Over the last year or so, I've built up quite a solid little collection of Whistles pieces and my most recent is perhaps one of my favourite purchases ever. Having numbered a fair few wardrobe clearouts over the years, I've found that it's well worth saving my pennies to treat myself to something special every once in a while, rather than amassing lots of pieces which are unlikely to stand the test of time. Patience always really pays off too- I've picked up some of my best buys from Whistles in their end of season sales. Until Monday 7th October, they are also running a 25% off promo with Grazia (pick up this week's edition of the magazine for the code and coupon)- perfect if you're planning some savvy post payday shopping and fancy stocking up on some autumn essentials. I'll be browsing my local store for these beauties:

 photo 2_zps44be06f0.jpg
Rivington Chain Pouch, Sculptured Tee, Lucia Check Jacquard Knit, Elodie Biker Coat, Brigette Point Ballerinas, Camo Jacquard Shirt, Graphic Quilted Sweat & Square Bangle,
all Whistles.

I've been gazing adoringly at this rose gold Rivington pouch bag in store for what feels like weeks now, so with a cheeky discount at my disposal, I'm very tempted to treat myself. Whilst it's a touch on the small side for my everyday essentials, as an evening piece it's perfect and doubles really well as a clutch too- so is technically two bags for the price of one, right?! Another piece which I've been meaning to pick up is the sculpted tee- with a slightly more structured shape it's a must-have for blurring the smart/casual distinction, and I adore the sheer simplicity of the design. The bright pop of yellow would also prove a really welcome wardrobe addition now that we're headed towards the grey days of winter. It will probably also come as no surprise that I'm head over heels in love with this jacquard knit, particularly as it incorporates my favourite colour combination and nods perfectly to J.W. Anderson's vision of this season. 

Last winter, I more or less lived in my camel coat, and this biker style is a really striking modern update on a wardrobe classic. Plus, it shares a name with the lovely Elodie from Elle Yeah! These pointed flats are also on my shopping list, and are the ideal companion to the Rivington, don't you think? In terms of autumnal prints, camo is proving a real hit (and a refreshing change from winter florals), and the subtle jacquard detailing across this navy shirt is a lovely nonchalant nod to the military aesthetic which is meandering across a lot of autumn pieces. After professing my new found love for the sweatshirt, it would be rather rude of me not to include one here, and this quilted white style is another modern essential and perfect for the inbetweeny weather which is punctuating many a wardrobe dilemma at the moment. Finally, no shopping round up would be complete without a key accessory, and this square detail bangle is a lovely finishing statement for both daytime and evening. 

Are you a fan of Whistles?

(Image credit: Whistles.)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love those metalic shoes!!

    Rose xo

    fashionrhapsody.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these items are gorgeous! Love the check jumper! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whistles have the most gorgeous pieces, I am planning a trip to the outlet store again soon :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coat has my name written all over it! Quite literally! ; )

    -Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground