Pages

01.10.2013- What I Wore Today #152

Tuesday, 1 October 2013

After going through my wardrobe with a fine toothcomb about a month or so ago, I've been feeling pretty refreshed in the sartorial stakes. Now newly acquainted with the wonderful world of eBay, I'm also feeling quite savvy about what I'm deciding keep and what to bid a fond farewell too. Ultimately, if I don't wear it anymore then that's it- after all, there's no point in hanging on to something which rarely sees the light of day but which takes up all too valuable wardrobe space. Having a good old sort out is also a great way to deter myself from making spur of the moment impulse purchases- instead of splurging my pennies I'm now finding myself asking 'Will it end up on eBay in a few weeks?' I've also been really surprised to find a few purchases which have been sitting patiently in my wardrobe for a long while completely undisturbed, but which I'm now really enjoying getting some wear out of again. My outfit from the start of last week is a classic example:

Dress- Gold by Giles Deacon for New Look
Leggings- Topshop
Shoes- Topshop

The Giles SS14 presentation was one of my favourites of London Fashion Week, and immediately spurred me on to dig out this old treasure from his collaboration with New Look. It's a fair few years old now (in fact I'm pretty sure that I bought it especially for Fashion's Night Out in 2010), but it's a real forgotten favourite and a piece which I think is pretty timeless. I adore the simple shift shape, and the print is just perfect- especially at this time of the year when I'm looking to inject vibrant bursts of colour into every outfit in an effort to counteract the grey days of winter which are on the horizon. Although it's a piece which I probably don't wear as often as I should, it's a real dependable favourite and a purchase which has proved a really savvy investment over the years- in short, something which I'm pretty sure will be in my wardrobe forever. 

Do you have any real wardrobe treasures which you've rediscovered lately?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

8 comments:

  1. Sarah you wear prints like a complete boss! Love this outfit - can you do any wrong?
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress. I've been having a massive clear out too. I had a wardrobe in the spare room that was full of unworn clothes and I've been selling loads of them on eBay. I need the room for our baby due on January and it's a great way to make extra cash for baby stuff. Ever since buying our house four years ago I've got better at buying clothes I will still love months and years later although that is proving difficult at nearly 6 months pregnant! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to declutter my wardrobe...again I go through stages with selling on Ebay. I do one pile of clothes and vow I'll do another the following week.. which I forget about! It is always nice though when you do have a bit of a rummage and find some forgotten favourites!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am forever attempting to sort out my wardrobe, but all-too-often end up getting about half way through and giving up, meaning there's probably a treasure trove of items that I could be wearing right at the bottom, somewhere! I remember having had serious buyers' remorse over not picking up this piece from New Look's Giles collaboration, and after seeing it again, so many years later, I'm still seriously regretting it!
    On a completely different note, eBay is a bit of a Godsend, isn't it? I don't know what I'd have done without it, having been a student for nearly 3 years, it's my only steady means of income ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress. I really need to have a good sort-out! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely dress, the colours are perfect!

    Maria xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this dress Sarah, looks so good on you. And I'm with Sophie, you are you only person I know who can wear any print!

    Tanya
    xx

    www.fashionknowsnolimits.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground