Pages

04.10.2013- Monsoon & Accessorize AW13

Friday, 4 October 2013

Having been in my current job for a little under a year now (time flies!), my work wardrobe has expanded quite considerably. Whilst my office is quite relaxed in terms of dress code, it's been quite nice to invest in some designated work pieces of late, and I'm always on the lookout for high quality staples which I can incorporate into my Monday-Friday wardrobe. Whilst I've definitely got my favourite high street haunts for workwear (Whistles and Zara, I'm looking at you!), sometimes it's really refreshing to discover somewhere different- so I was pleasantly surprised when Monsoon introduced me to their latest office offerings:
Monsoon was a regular window shopping destination for me when I used to work in retail- indeed I spent many a lunch break swooning over their beautiful eveningwear and their Fusion range was a real favourite too. Focusing on creating the capsule working wardrobe, here it's really lovely to have a peek behind the scenes at Monsoon HQ (how amazing does the canteen look?!!) and catch a glimpse of some of their new season pieces in action. The printed blouse is a real work staple for me, and I adore the Aurora shirt seen here. It's also really reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one who has a morning panic about what to wear to work...I really must be more organised when it comes to forward planning!

Monsoon's sister label, Accessorize, have also come up with a super savvy styling video for this season, focusing on a real autumnal essential- scarves. The scarf is a real core component of any outfit for me at this time of the year (in fact I've got a few waiting in the wings to be shared in a some outfit posts very soon!), and is a definite practical staple for keeping cosy as the temperatures drop too. More than this, I find that scarves are a really great way of mixing up an outfit- particularly if you, like me, tend to live in the same coat for the majority of the winter. Adding a splash of print or colour can really lift a look and keep things feeling fresh- and there are plenty of ways to style your favourites...
I'm determined to master the perfect vintage inspired bow this season, and love the idea of using a printed scarf to contrast with a classic trench coat. Watch this space...!

How do you dress for work? And have you mastered styling your scarves?

*This post has been sponsored by Spreaditfast.

(Video credit: Monsoon & Accessorize.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground