Pages

05.10.2013- What I Wore Today #153

Saturday, 5 October 2013

In my last outfit post, I mentioned that I was well and truly aboard the eBay bandwagon (there's something quite therapeutic about taking an afternoon to list items over a cuppa, isn't there?!), but my new found hobby is also proving something of a double edged sword in that I'm becoming a sneaky stealth bidder on the sly. To date I've snapped up a pretty little handful of pieces on eBay- items which I may have missed entirely the first time around or which sold out all too speedily when they arrived in the shops. It's lovely to be able to have a second chance to catch some pieces again, and my outfit from the middle of the week featured the result of a particularly savvy recent bid: 

Tee- Mary Katrantzou for Topshop (via eBay) 
Jeans- Whistles 
Shoes- Topshop 
Silly face- all my own work, as usual!

This tee was part of Topshop's NEWGEN range for London Fashion Week a few season ago and was something which I really regretted not snapping up. Thankfully, I found one via eBay and it's now a firm favourite- much like the dress I posted about earlier in the week, it's a real gem of a piece which I'll hang on to for ages. Here I teamed it with my basic black jeans from Whistles and a rather quizzical expression which can only be provoked by the unpredictable British weather! (Looks like rain, dear!)

Have you made any second chance purchases on eBay?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. eBay can be god or the devil!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tee, so sad I didn't get any of this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should try goofbid, you can look for spelling mistakes on ebay and bid 1 second before something ends xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground