Pages

10.10.2013- What I Wore Today #154

Thursday, 10 October 2013

In the wee while that I've been updating this little corner of online ramblings I like to think that we've grown to know each other rather well. You're probably well aware that I've got more than a passing penchant for florals, that I'm a fan of classic wardrobe pieces and that I can't walk in high heels to save my life. However, what you probably don't know is that up until quite recently I was a bit of a scared Susan when it came to stepping outside of my clothing comfort zone. However, over the last year or so, I've noticed a distinct shift in my shopping habits (which I touched upon in this post)- maybe it's just me getting older and wiser- but I've realised that life's far too short not to be a little bit adventurous in the sartorial stakes every once in a while: 

Dress- Whistles 
Trench coat- Whistles 
Shoes- c/o Clothing at Tesco 
Necklace- River Island 
Sunglasses- Vintage 
Bag- Vintage (via Rokit) 

Until recently, I'd never even entertained the idea of leaving the house in a neon yellow dress, but sometimes it's good to break up the traditional autumn colour palette with a pop of brightness here and there, as well as mixing up your wardrobe routine. This dress from Whistles was a payday treat to myself for a very special occasion- celebrating my mum's birthday over afternoon tea at The Connaught last weekend (definitely worth a visit if you're on the lookout for a cake laden treat!) All dressed up with somewhere to go (for a change!), here I accessorised with another recent purchase in the shape of this necklace from River Island, and some vintage treasures which I keep coming back to season after season. Keeping things practical, I reached for my trench coat and comfortable flats, and I really can't wait to give this dress another outing again soon- an adventurous purchase which really paid off!

Have you made any exciting purchases recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Sarah you really are such a classy lady!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very chic! perfect outfit for a spot of tea xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground