Pages

15.10.2013- What I Wore Today #155

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

One of the things which makes this time of year slightly more bearable is the prospect of investing in some new knitwear. After a summer of luxuriously leaving the house without even wearing a jacket, retreating into winter woolies and heavy coats feels like a little bit of a culture shock, but after last year I've definitely recognised the value of investing in some knitted staples. Over the last few weeks or so, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for some investment jumpers- and it will probably come as no surprise that one of my new favourites originated from Zara:

Jumper- Zara
Skirt- Whistles
Shoes- Topshop
Watch- Olivia Burton
Sunglasses- Vintage

I put this outfit together towards the start of last week, when it was slightly chilly but still gloriously sunny. It might seem a little bit incongruous to team a chunky knit with a skirt and bare legs, but the extremes of temperature which characterise my daily commute on the train and tube make it pretty tricky to know what to wear without turning a lovely shade of rush-hour beetroot. This combination was my practical solution, and it gave me the perfect opportunity to wear this new knit from Zara- something which I picked up at the start of last month. I'm usually not the biggest fan of the roll neck as in the past they've always tended to create quite a square shape on me, but the vertical lines which run down this piece solve that problem perfectly. The slightly cropped cut also makes it the ideal piece to team with some of my high-waisted wardrobe favourites, as I did here with my much loved skirt from Whistles. Teamed with some flats and my vintage sunglasses, this was my take on transitional dressing with a little splash of vintage inspiration. 

Have you snapped up any new knitwear recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

7 comments:

  1. Ah Sarah I long for your wardrobe little miss stylish!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit. The colour of your jumper is lovely!

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always look lovely and this is no exception, that is a really cute jumper!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not normally a fan of roll necks either but i love the colour of this jumper and it looks so soft! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great!!!
    would you like to follow each other?
    just let me know
    xx
    Marlena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit. Love the colour of the skirt.

    http://floral-infinity.blogspot.co.uk/

    x x x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground