Pages

02.11.2013- What I Wore Today #158

Saturday, 2 November 2013

With the weather in a state of flux at the moment (hope you all saw out the stormy skies last weekend safely!), my wardrobe routine is constantly changing too. Whilst I'm itching to reach for my thick jumpers and layer them with some of my favourite blouses, at the moment I'm saving them for when it gets really cold, so have been stealthily reaching for some summer purchases and experimenting with how to style them for these transitional few weeks (because I'm sure that the inevitable cold snap is just around the corner!) As I mentioned in this post, I'm also determined to inject a splash of colour into my day-to-day dressing:

Coat- ASOS
Blouse- Whistles
Jeans- Topshop
Shoes- Converse

Although this coat is a comparatively old purchase, I believe that this is its debut appearance in an outfit post! I snapped it up from the ASOS sale back in May and although it's quite a divisive piece (more or less the Marmite of the outerwear world!), I adore it. I remember being quite intimidated about how to style it at first as the print is so busy, but the great thing about it is that it lends itself really well to contrasting with block colours. Previously I've worn it with a pink blouse, but here I chose to accent the yellow element of the print with this blouse from Whistles- another sale steal which I picked up at the end of last month. Truth be told I'm a little bit of a neon convert after picking up this dress - there's just something about adding a burst of colour to a winter outfit which really helps to lift your mood, don't you think?

How have you been navigating the changeable weather?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. love your jacket - oh my I need that it my wardrobe! ahaha :')
    Grace x
    http://blondiesstylefix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this coat! I've been trying to wear lighter coats and jackets now before the properly cold weather hits...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't best a statement coat sarah!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the brightness! Would definitely love a coat like this to jazz up my mostly black wardrobes and mood, ha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This coat is awesome! I have been steering clear of my cosiest jumpers for now for the same reasons but they just look so darned cosy!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground