Pages

13.11.2013- What I Wore Today #160

Wednesday, 13 November 2013

As I mentioned in my Spooktacular (sorry!) post a few weeks ago, dressing up for Halloween can be a bit of a minefield. This year, however, I was determined to give the ocassion a subtle little nod- and set about trying to put together a suitably spooky yet still work appropriate look. Reaching for a few old purchases, my take on Halloween chic was quite casual- incorporating one of my most savvy purchases to date:

Tee-Christopher Kane (via Matches) 
Jeans- Whistles 
Shoes- Gap 
Ear Cuff- via Etsy 
Lipstick- Rimmel 

This Frankenstein's monster tee by Christopher Kane was a steal which I snapped up from the Matches sale at the end of the summer. Although this is the first time it's appeared in an outfit post, I've worn it quite religiously since I bought it as it's so versatile- great for teaming with boyfriend jeans for a more casual feel or with a structured jacket for a formal edge. The Frankenstein's monster motif is a real departure for me, but perfect for when I feel like embracing a tougher look- and it also seemed like a really appropriate sartorial choice for Halloween. Here I paired it with a staple pair of jeans from Whistles, my ultra-comfortable skater shoes from Gap and a spooky slick of Rimmel red lipstick. I also channeled my not so secret Game of Thrones nerd through accessorising with this dragon ear cuff which I found on Etsy- well if you can't take style inspiration from House Targaryen at Halloween then when can you? 

Did you dress up for Halloween? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. love that cuff, reminds me of Smaug from The Hobbit too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I have never been one for Halloween but this outfit is awesome, I LOVE that dragon ear cuff!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that ear cuff! I went vintage for Halloween - when else can you wear a fur cape and long velvet gloves?! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground