Pages

17.11.2013- On The Menu: Julien Plumart Boutique Salon du The, Brighton

Sunday, 17 November 2013

As much as I love baking, eating cake created by someone else has to be one of my all time favourite pursuits. I'm always on the lookout for new places to try (if you follow me on Instagram then you'll know that I'm an avid fan of Ladurée!), and the majority of my weekend adventures tend to be punctuated by a trip to a café (or three!) So, when I was down in Brighton a few weeks ago, I made the most of being away from the hustle and bustle of London by seeking out a handful of independent shops- including Julien Plumart Boutique Salon du The for a well earned lunch break: 


Nestled just a short walk away from Churchill Square, Julien Plumart is a food experience of two halves. Downstairs you find a plethora of cakes, delicate patisserie and macaroons, all ready to be taken away and enjoyed at home- or on the seafront if you fancy braving the wind! Upstairs is the stunning Salon du The- where you can sit in and order from the main menu whilst watching the world go by. Mumma Faz and I opted for the Paris breakfast- a delicately toasted brioche served with butter and jam- heavenly! Light enough to leave plenty of room for a cake or two, we both eagerly perused the patisserie menu- opting for a chocolate eclair with raspberry cream (my mum's favourite) and a dark chocolate tart- perfect for indulging my chocolate addiction. Julien Plumart is definitely worth a visit if you're in Brighton, whether to treat yourself to a spot of light lunch or to indulge in some beautifully baked bounty. It's also worth noting that it's comparatively cheap too- so well worth stocking up on some signature macaroons for the journey home! 

Julien Plumart Boutique Salon du The, 27 Duke Street, Brighton, BN1 1AG.

Where are your favourite places to go for tea?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. That chocolate tart looks mouth-wateringly good!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground