Pages

19.11.2013- What I Wore Today #161

Tuesday, 19 November 2013

As I mentioned in my round up of October, last month saw me make my first trip to Scotland for Hannah's birthday! Whilst I was perhaps a little under prepared for just how chilly the weather was (beware the bitter wind!), I loved visiting some Edinburgh icons, including the castle, Grassmarket, The Royal Mile and the zoo. Packing as lightly as possible, I reached for some old staples as well as a new purchase which I've more or less been living in of late: 

Coat- Lux by Sara & Aimee Berman (via Urban Outfitters)
Dress- Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo 
Scarf- Zara 
Bag- Vintage (via Rokit)
Tights- M&S 
Shoes- Converse 

You might remember this coat from the start of the year when I snapped it up in the Urban Outfitters sale. It's proven a really worthwhile investment and is something which I always reach for when it's chilly- so was perfect for packing in my weekend break wardrobe. One of my new season favourites is this dress from Celia Birtwell's autumn collection for Uniqlo- fusing vintage inspired prints and a relaxed shirt style silhouette it's the ideal piece to wear both during the daytime and into the evening (and served me very well when we went for Afternoon Tea at Hotel Missoni!) It's definitely something which I'm sure will be making many an appearance in future outfit posts too. With practicality in mind, I also made sure I wrapped up warm with my ultra fluffy scarf from Zara and thermal tights from M&S- if you haven't invested in a few pairs yet then I'd definitely recommend doing so- especially as it looks like another cold snap is on the way over the next week!

Have you ever been to Edinburgh?

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. I was so upset when that dress osld out in my size, it is beautiful!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is to die for - totes stealing it off you!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit! Loving that coat!
    Such cute pictures too :)
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brr, those bitter winds! Loved this dress. x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground