Pages

30.11.2013- Christmas Gifting: Beauty Buys

Saturday, 30 November 2013

With December just around the corner, the countdown to Christmas is well and truly underway. Whether you (like me) get teary eyed at the #bearandhare advert or are dusting off your decorations, thoughts are inevitably turning to forthcoming weeks of festivities, and the furious frenzy of present buying. This year I have been a lot more prepared in my shopping, and have drawn up a few gift guides which will be going live over the coming weeks. The first installment focuses on all things bright and beauty based:
 photo xmasbeauty_zps84074844.jpg
Guy Bourdin for Nars Lip Pencil Set, £30/Essie Limited Edition Festive Fingertips Box, £24.99, boots.com/Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow in Comex Gold, £33.50, asos.com/Alexa Chung Limited Edition Set, £35, Eyeko/Dior Lipstick and Nail Lacquer Duo Set, £50, John Lewis/ Initial Wash Bag, £22, Alphabet Bags/Mini Bullet Lip Duo, £10, Topshop/Chanel Charming Eyeshadow Palette, £48, Debenhams/Philip Kingsley Happy Hair Days Kit, £20, Marks and Spencer/Estelle & Thild Precious Pearl Lip Balm, £14.40, John Lewis*

This Guy Bourdin for Nars Lip Pencil Set is something which I treated myself to for my birthday (which is on Monday-aaah!) It's the perfect addition to any makeup collection, and I adore the small but perfectly formed products- perfect for indulging your adventurous side without committing to a full sized purchase. I was lucky enough to snap one up from the Nars website directly, but if you're struggling to get hold of one then why not get a little bit creative and make your own version with some beauty favourites and a super chic pouch? Over the last year or so, I've become a real Essie fanatic, so this limited edition set for the festive season is well and truly up my street. Not only are the colours perfect for this time of the year, but it's beautifully presented and the ideal gift if you're struggling to shop for friends or family. It's a Boots online exclusive, and only a limited number have been produced- so well worth being speedy to avoid disappointment!

This time of the year is undoubtedly all about making a statement with your makeup- and I particularly love trying out lots of different dramatic eye looks, especially as my daily routine is quite basic. I've been a fan of Stila for as long as I can remember, and this gorgeous gold foil finish eyeshadow from their holiday collection is a one step wonder for creating the perfect festive look. With eyes in mind, Alexa Chung's mascara and eyeliner set for Eyeko is another really great gift idea- particularly for any beauty novices who are still trying to perfect the timeless cat eye flick (much like myself...!)

As far as luxury gifts go, they don't really come more opulent than this Dior set from John Lewis. Featuring a classic red nail lacquer and lipstick, it's a really gorgeous present and something which is truly luxurious- the perfect purchase if you're looking to treat someone special. Again, it's another exclusive, so definitely keep checking your local John Lewis and the website to see if you can snap one up! I don't know about you, but there's something about this time of the year which makes me want to have a massive sorting out session. Last weekend I filled a bin bag with clothes to head off to the charity shop, and before Christmas creeps up on me I'm determined to sort through my makeup bag too. With this in mind, I've got my eye on this washbag from Alphabet Bags- so simple and perfect for keeping my essentials in a safe place. 

Secret Santa presents yet another gifting dilemma- especially if you're not too sure what really makes (insert name here!) from Accounts really tick. Topshop have some really lovely gift sets in store at the moment, and this lip bullet duo is perfectly priced, so ideal if you're on a strict budget. At this time of the year, I tend to start feeling more than a little bit run down and sloth-like-so my beauty routine tends to fall by the wayside a little bit. If you're a long haired lassie like myself (or are buying for one!), you'll be well aware of the perils of central heating and blow drying on the barnet, so this set by Philip Kingsley from M&S is ideal for a touch of tress tlc. 

Back to the eyes, and this Chanel palette has got to be one of my top picks for the festive season. Forget the Naked 3, this small but perfectly formed beauty is all you need for creating a simple, signature look, and also offers huge scope for creating a dramatic party eye- if you're looking for some inspiration, take a leaf from the lovely Lisa Eldridge's book. Finally, with the cold winter set to continue for a little while yet, this Estelle & Thild lip balm is an ideal stocking filler, or a perfect component for a winter beauty gift set if you're thinking of getting a little more bespoke with your giving.

What beauty pieces are on your Christmas list?

*All prices correct at time of publication.

(Image credit: Nars, Boots, ASOS, Eyeko, John Lewis, Alphabet Bags, Topshop, Debenhams & Marks & Spencer.)

4 comments:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground