Pages

08.12.2013- What I Wore Today #164

Sunday, 8 December 2013

Now that the crawl towards Christmas has well and truly started, I'm finding myself increasingly drawn to the core cosy components of my wardrobe. At this time of the year, I tend to avoid leaving the warmth of my house as much as possible (is it only be who thinks that hibernation should be mandatory?!), but when I do have to head out into the cold I'm usually wrapped up warm and try to keep things as comfortable as possible. As I mentioned in my last post, I'm a huge fan of a good winter coat, and have recently rediscovered and old treasure which has rapidly become another winter staple:

Coat- Vintage
Jumper- Whistles (via John Lewis)
Trousers- Gap
Shoes- c/o F&F
Bag- Zara

This coat has been hiding away in my house for absolutely ages, and I rediscovered it after having a little clear out a couple of weekends ago. It used to belong to my lovely nan, and when she passed away we couldn't help but hang onto it as it's such a classic piece. A trip to the dry cleaners and a little patching up here and there and it's as good as new- better even, as it's so well made, warm and beautifully cut. I like to think of it as the long lost cousin of my other camel coat, but slightly more structured and a touch more ladylike! I also love that it's a little bit dressing gown-esque- perfect for accommodating my penchant for hibernation! Here I teamed it with my chunky knit from Whistles, printed trousers from Gap and some sparkly slipper shoes from F&F- ideal for an afternoon trip to see Swan Lake at Sadler's Wells!

Are you fighting the urge to hibernate?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely coat, wish I had some great hand-me-downs! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great coat, clothes were definitely better made back in the day!x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground