Pages

16.12.2013- A Cosy Night In with M&S

Monday, 16 December 2013

As I've mentioned more than a few times of late, at this time of the year I tend to revert to sloth mode, almost constantly craving a little spell of winter hibernation and the opportunity to recharge my batteries. The chilly weather combined with the frenzy of the festive season can make things feel a little overwhelming, and the temptation to hide under your duvet until mid March when the chaos has calmed down is all too great, don't you think?! With Christmas just around the corner, I've been spending a fair few evenings out and about, catching up with friends (and avoiding aggressive Christmas shoppers!)- but burning the candle at both ends is something which definitely takes its toll, particularly if you're contending with a winter cold or are feeling a bit run down. I've luckily booked the next few weeks off from work, so am going to be using the time to relax, unwind and spend many a cosy night in. Starting as I mean to go on, you can imagine how ecstatic I was when the lovely people at M&S set me a Girls Cosy Night In Challenge- with the opportunity to road test some of their gorgeous new season nightwear and indulge in some pre-Christmas treats, I simply couldn't resist:


 photo marksxmas1_zps0f20702e.jpg

Pure Cotton Star Print Pyjamas, £25/Rosie for Autograph Cashmere Blend T-Shirt, £22.50/Per Una Rose Print Dressing Gown, £39.50/Limited Collection Feather Print Pyjama Bottoms, £19.50/Chatsworth Stag Candle, £19.50/Metal Peace Wreath, £19.50/Luxury Shearling Suede Slipper Boots, £45/Leighton Denny From Me To You Nail Polish Set, £18/Butterfly Jar Room Decoration, £25/Christmas Joy Mug, £6, all Marks and Spencer

For me, one of the best things about the festive season is getting cosy inside and not having to venture out (or indeed get changed out of your pyjamas!) for a few days. Marks and Spencer is always my one stop shop for nightwear, and this year their selection has been fantastic. The rose print pyjama set which I wore for my cosy night in is so warm and super comfortable- and we all know that I can never resist a pretty floral print! The newly created beauty hall in my local M&S has also proved a real saviour for me this festive season, with their gift sets proving the perfect stocking fillers, so it was really lovely to try a selection of surprise makeup whilst sitting down in front of a festive film or two! I was also hugely impressed with the Formula Advance 1 Minute Facial- perfect for rejuvenating my skin during this chilly weather. Finally, my cosy night in was completed with a selection of treats from the M&S Food Hall (or heaven on earth as I like to call it!) Plenty of tea (the Empress Grey blend is a new favourite of mine!), macaroons, cookies and a handful of sweet treats proved very welcome after a rainy commute home!

A big thank you to Megan and M&S for asking me to take part! 

Are you a fan of a cosy night in?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Ah sarah this sounds like heaven to me!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a HUGE fan of a cosy night in! This is a great set and you're a lucky lady to be part of this challenge! I loved this post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely keen on the idea of hibernation. Love these PJs! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww that was really lovely of M&S! All the perfect ingredients for a night in x x
    P.S love the butterfly jar also!

    www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground