Pages

29.12.2013- The New Season Edit

Sunday, 29 December 2013

Yes, I know that Christmas has only just finished and you're probably still working your way through a crate of mince pies, but in the spirit of Slade's Christmas classic, I've already started looking to the future (....it's only just beguuu-nn?!!) and have been drawing up a little wishlist for 2014. I'm still waiting on a few bits and pieces which I've snapped up the sales to arrive through my letterbox, but there's no harm in being prepared for the new year and the new season. Although spring is still a long way off, I'm definitely feeling drawn to a brighter colour palette and some classic transitional pieces, all of which are perfectly suited to the Great British climate:

Whistle Louane Dress in Tetris Print, £175, ASOS/Mohair Coat, £129, Zara/Vintage Lola Sunglasses, £18, Topshop/Georgia Winged Handheld Bag, £32, Accessorize/Brushed Metal Rings, £12, COS/Pink Semi Precious Stone Bangle, £18, River Island/Green Elbow Sleeve Top, £36, Warehouse/Leopard Print Skater Shoes, £24.99, H&M

Yes, yes, I know- another dress from Whistles. Avid readers will know that I'm a huge fan of their designs, and this new season style is no exception. Not only is it an instant classic, but it's something which is also really adaptable- whether worn for work or as part of a more casual ensemble. A definite investment piece if ever I saw one! I fell in love with this coat from Zara when I saw it in store a few days after my birthday, and it's another piece which wins serious new season style points. The pale powder blue shade is perfect for contrasting a lot of the drearier colours which are still in the shops, and the collarless shape adds a lovely hint of vintage charm too- certainly something which I'm going to be saving my pennies for as we head into January. We all know that I'm a huge fan of statement sunglasses, and this gorgeous retro inspired pair made their debut on the Topshop website earlier this week. Whilst it might be a little pre-emptive to be be even contemplating buying sunglasses in the middle of winter, I'm all for wishful thinking- so this pair are firmly at the top of my shopping list. I've always found that accessories are a great way of updating any outfit, and this bag from Accessorize is a real high end inspired new season steal, especially as sorbet shades are promising to be hugely popular as we head towards spring. Speaking of accessories, this ring set from COS is another simple, sophisticated way to update some old favourites for the new year and this River Island bangle is another lovely statement piece which incorporates a perfect splash of colour. If you're after something a little bolder, then look no further than this brilliantly bright blouse from Warehouse which has modern summer chic written all over it. Finally, the eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed that a fair few of my recent outfit posts have featured my much loved skater shoes from Gap, and ever since snapping them up I've been on the lookout for some similar pairs- these leopard print ones from H&M fit the bill perfectly!

Have you made any new season purchases already?

(Image credit: ASOS, Zara, Topshop, Accessorize, COS, River Island, Warehouse & H&M.)

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely colours! The lilac bag is the most gorgeous thing ever and love the coat! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you, as much as I love the deep colours that winter calls for- I am already being drawn to the fresher/brighter colours. Bring on Spring :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground