Pages

30.12.2013- 2013 in Outfits

Monday, 30 December 2013

Whilst I'm still in denial that 2013 is coming to an end (when? what? why? how?!!), this little interim phase between Christmas and the New Year (commonly referred to in this house as 'Crimbo Limbo') is definitely the perfect opportunity for a little reflection. Whilst my round up of the last month will be appearing on these pages tomorrow, I thought I'd take a little retrospective journey through some of my favourite outfits from this year:


An invitation to Cirque du Soleil at The Royal Albert Hall back in January offered a really lovely excuse to reach for some of the smarter pieces in my wardrobe, whilst simultaneously indulging my no-so-secret love for dressing like Annie Hall. This year I also tried to master the art of casual cool, thanks to my ever expanding collection of sweatshirts from Whistles, which have probably proved to be my most-worn pieces of the year. After stumbling across this beautiful floral display outside the Chanel shop in Covent Garden, I found myself wishing that all backdrops could be as striking- even if I do remember that day being absolutely freezing cold! Back in July, I was also lucky enough to collaborate with Warehouse on their 'Postcards from Shoreditch' series, which saw me style an outfit which was perfect for keeping cool as London was engulfed by a heatwave- talk about a year of weather extremes! 2013 also saw me snap up some amazing vintage treasures, and put together a quintessentially British outfit featuring some favourites from Laura Ashley.

This winter also saw me add to my coat collection with this pale pink beauty from Betty Jackson Black at Debenhams, and a mellow yellow design from Zara. As the weather once again veered into sweltering territory at the start of September, I found myself reaching for simple basics and statement sunglasses, as well as some monochrome favourites during my nostalgic trip to Arundel in May.  Seeking to break my trouser wearing habits for just a little spell, I treated myself to a summer skirt, and will be seeing the year out in my gorgeous, labour of love dress from House of Holland. 

What have been your sartorial highlights of 2013?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell & Warehouse, please do not reproduce without permission.)

9 comments:

  1. Your outfits are just so pretty, here's to many more beautiful ones in the new year!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really enjoyed your outfits this year! Happy new year :)

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits, you like very nice! Would you like to follow each other? I am your new follower in gfc # 520, I also follow you in bloglovin. Hope you will visit my blog and follow me back
    Olga
    http://impromp-two.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't decide which outfit is my have, so I'm just going to say ALL OF THEM

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're ever getting rid of that floral skirt throw it my way saz faz! Can't wait to bond some more in 2014!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your outfit posts! Hope 2014 will be an amazing year!
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these outfits - especially the ones from the summer, seems like such a distant memory now in the season of coats! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've had some amazing outfits. What a stylish lady!

    Sarah Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loovvve your pink coat from Betty Jackson :-) Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground