Pages

31.12.2013- My Month in Pictures: December

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

As I mentioned yesterday, my brain is still struggling to understand how another year has flown by so quickly! 2013 has definitely been a year of extremes, especially with some family health drama which kicked off this time last year which has only really just come to and end. I've also found myself at a bit of a crossroads recently, but I suppose that's what life is all about, eh? Having said that, I've also had some lovely times over the last twelve months, capped off by a very busy and fantastically festive December:

A birthday treat from me, to me in the shape of Essie's Festive Fingertips set!/Spending my birthday at London Zoo, seeing sloths having their lunch (!!!) and enjoying some quality time with the giraffes/Fashion Afternoon Tea at The Berkeley/Meadham Kirchhoff's Fashion in Motion show at the V&A/Enjoying a cheeky chicken pie with Michelle at Le Pain Quotidien!/Swan Lake at Sadler's Wells/A lovely Christmas treat from Marks and Spencer/Christmas Afternoon Tea with Next at the beautiful Brown's Hotel/Lulu Guinness designed Christmas tree/Feeling festive with an angel wing ear cuff from Accessorize/Having the absolute pleasure of watching Coriolanus at The Donmar Warehouse- by far and away the best production I've ever seen in the theatre/Lots of lovely birthday presents from the Dream Team and Sarah!/The Desolation of Smaug at the IMAX/Stunning Christmas flowers which I got for my mum from Bloom & Wild/Christmas jumper joy, c/o Next!/Pre-Christmas dinner roast dinner/Re-discovering the absolute joy of reading a book!/More festive blooms/Our Christmas tree/Presents!/Christmas Day face/Feeling very spoilt!

Phew! Definitely a real whirlwind of a month! December started with my birthday, and has ended with a rather busy build up to Christmas which I'm still just about recovering from. Highlights of the month for me included a trip to the zoo, seeing Coriolanus at The Donmar Warehouse and taking some much needed time off from work to recharge my batteries. Whilst I'm feeling a little soppy and sentimental, I'd just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who still takes the time to read my ramblings, comment on posts and pay these pages a visit every once in a while- it really does mean the world. I've also had a little spruce up of the design, and am sitting poised with a notebook and pen ready to plan an array of posts for next year- do let me know if there is anything in particular you'd like to see more of!

2014 is shaping up to be a pretty exciting year already- after my Edinburgh adventure back in October, I'm very much looking forward to a few more short breaks away and spending more time with some of my lovely 'internet friends', who have become so much more than just faces behind a computer screen over the last few months. As well as my best buddy Sarah, Michelle, Hannah, Lily, Sophie, Elodie, Tanya and Aisling (aka the Dream Team!) have become firm fixtures in my life of late, and I can't wait to share more adventures with them next year. I'll also be attending my first wedding in September (outfit shopping is already happening!), and am in the process of setting myself a few more challenges to help me see the year through in style. 

Here's to a lovely end to 2013 and a fantastic 2014. Lots of love! x

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year!

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't quite believe its the new year already! Here's to a lot more Dream Team fun in 2014! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground