Pages

08.01.2014- Shopping the Sales

Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Whilst the start of a new year is undoubtedly a great opportunity to look forward to the much anticipated change in seasons and pull together a spectrum of sources of inspiration (so far Cara for Mulberry SS14 has to be at the top of my list), January is also synonymous with sales. Although I've been quite restrained with my post-Christmas spending (a mid afternoon urge to treat myself to a discounted member of the Mulberry family was swiftly glossed over  a few weeks ago!), there are definitely a handful of pieces which are still on my wishlist. I'm determined that 2014  is to become the year which sees me actually utilise the more neglected pieces in my wardrobe, so I've put together this edit of some of my fashionably frugal favourites-
all with sartorial longevity in mind:  photo sales_zps18ae7bdc.jpg
Grey Single Breasted Boyfriend Coat, £70 (was £120), Warehouse/Marl Sweatshirt, £50, Ganni, Whistles Alexandra Top, £70 (was £115), ASOS/A Line Pleated Top, £41, COS/Rainy Day Fund Mini Frame Purse, £27.50 (was £55), Lulu Guinness/Lanvin Printed iPhone 4 Case, £31.50 (was £45), Net-a-Porter/Mira Russion Embroidered Kimono, £39 (was £79), Monsoon/Sunglasses with Plastic Frame, £9.99 (was £17.99), Zara.


This dove grey boyfriend coat from Warehouse offers the perfect take on minimalist chic, with the simple shape elevating it to wardrobe classic territory. I've mentioned before that I'm quite the coat fiend, and this style is another firm favourite- it would look amazing with bright accessories too, don't you think? Towards the end of last year, I discovered and fell (head over heels) in love with all things Ganni- so when their sale started last weekend I hastily snapped up a few pieces which I had been holding out for. For me, 2013 was well and truly the year of the sweatshirt, so it's easy to see why I love this design so much. The slouchy style is ideal for focusing on a more casual look, and a it's real versatile basic which would sit effortlessly in any wardrobe. Something which goes hand in hand with my sweatshirt obsession is my fondness for all things Whistles, and this blouse is another piece from then which I've had my beady eye on for a little while. It's a real simple staple, and if you're looking to invest in smarter pieces for 2014, then look no further. 

Cos is another favourite shopping haunt of mine, and I always look forward to seeing which styles find their way into the sale. This smock effect blouse is a piece which I spied a little bit before Christmas, and is proving something which is seriously testing the willpower with which I so firmly tightened my purse strings at the start of the year. Not only does it feature one if my all time favourite colour combinations, but it's a really wearable piece too- and perfect for the transition between seasons. If you're determined to approach the new year frugally, then I'd definitely make a point of snapping up this Lulu Guinness coin purse- especially if you're in the process of saving your pennies for a special purchase. If you fancy treating your technology to a new high-end look for 2014, then this Lanvin iPhone case is a seriously cute option, and although it won't make your crack of dawn alarm call any less painful, it will hopefully put a smile on your face and help you kick the day off in serious style. This Monsoon kimono jacket is firmly at the top of my to-buy list, particularly as it's such a bargain and a real statement piece- ideal for channelling some serious summer holiday chic. Speaking of holidays, these sunglasses from Zara promise brighter days ahead- something I'm sure we're all looking forward to! 

Have you picked up any sale steals? 

(Image credit: Warehouse, Ganni, Whistles, John Lewis, Cos, Lulu Guinness, Net-a-Porter, Monsoon & Zara.)

4 comments:

  1. I want / NEED that grey jacket - gorgeous! xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purse is adorable! After my Zara and Net-a-Porter sale steals, I've banned myself from shopping until necessary. Ahem, for Morocco...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that iPhone case! There are definitely still a lot of good sales bargains to be had. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the mustard version of that coat from Miss Selfridge in the sale (half price!); I love the shape of these coats... they are SO flattering!! Check it out on my blog! (I'm just starting up, so it needs work!) xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground