Pages

15.01.2013- What I Wore Today #169

Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Despite having my eye on a few sale steals, I've been rather restrained with my post-Christmas shopping this year, only picking up pieces which I've had my eye on for a while rather than going on an all out spending spree. Training yourself to avoid getting caught up in the hedonism of reduced prices and red tickets can be pretty tricky, but it's definitely a worthwhile strategy if you want to avoid remorseful spending and save space in your wardrobe. Last year I was pretty successful in picking up a few bargains, and this year I've been avoiding the pitfalls of early splurging, instead holding out for some of my most-wanted pieces to be discounted. If you happened to catch the lovely Cherry Healey's Secrets of the Sales on telly last week (well worth catching up with if you missed it!), then you'll know that biding your time and holding your nerve during the sales is a strategy which really pays off. So, when one of my favourite pieces from Ganni snuck into their sale a few weekends back, I didn't hesitate in adding it to my basket: 

Coat- Ganni
Top- Zara
Trousers- c/o Clothing at Tesco 
Shoes- Gap 
Bag- Vintage (via Rokit) 

This coat from Ganni is something which I saw online months ago, but which I couldn't quite work up the courage to splash out on when it was full price. Anyone who knows me well will tell you that I tend to lose my nerve when faced with the prospect of making overly extravagent purchases, so it was probably a good thing that I held off- particularly as I snapped it up with nearly 50% off in the end! The slouchy style is perfect for teaming with some of my more casual favourites, and I love the check print too as it's a really statement contrast to a lot of the block colours which are already in my wardrobe. Ganni is fast becoming one of my favourite brands, so although I'm resolved that 2014 is going to be a frugal year, I'm sure I'll be investing in some more of their designs before too long...watch this space! 

Are you a savvy sales shopper? Or an impulse buyer?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

9 comments:

  1. Ah Sarah this coat is yet another reason why I wish I had your wardrobe!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this coat is gorgeous, you were lucky to pick it up in the sales! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with your coat, it's gorgeous!:) X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coat is beautiful, Sarah! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bold print, you're going to get so much wear from this x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This coat is amazing, can't wait to see how you style it up!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Sarah it must have been fate for that coat to be in the sale ;) <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look on you, and the coat is brilliant - what a good buy. I think I'm only an impulse shopper when it comes to being in the mood for shopping. Sometimes there are days when so much catches my eye.

    Sarah Betty xx
    http://sarahbetty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground