Pages

24.01.2014- What I Wore Today #170

Friday, 24 January 2014

Now that the weather has returned towards the chillier end of the spectrum, I've been making a beeline for some old favourites. Streamlining my collection of clothes to create a capsule wardrobe has never really been my forte, but year after year there are a bounty of staples which I come back to, particularly during the winter when the unpredictable weather seems determined to scupper any attempt at forward planning! Last weekend, Sarah and I made a detour to Somerset House for the Isabella Blow: Fashion Galore! exhibition (well worth a visit!), ahead of catching up with the Dream Team for Sophie's birthday celebrations at Honest Burger. With a definite chill in the air, I dug out some old wardrobe treasures: 

Coat- c/o Very 
Dress (worn as top)- tba 
Jeans- Whistles 
Shoes- Gap 
Bag- Vintage (via Rokit) 

This coat is a fair few years old now, and has made a few appearances in outfit posts here and there as it's probably one of my most worn pieces. As far as wardrobe classics go, I don't really think you can go far wrong with a camel coat, and the sheer versatility of this design makes it perfect for dressing up or for featuring in a more casual look, as I did here. I also re-discovered this dress from tba a little while ago too; again, it's a piece which is a real favourite and which I can't see myself ever getting tired of. Teamed with some much worn black basics, this cosy and comfortable look seemed like the perfect way to welcome in the weekend. 

Have you been reaching for any old favourites recently? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. Love that coat, like you said it's a classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coat! I completely forgot to ask you where it was from when I saw you that day. Now, I know!

    - Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you look so amazing, that coat is so gorgeous and such a great classic garment that you can wear with anything!
    I'm re-kindling my love affair with jeans at the moment!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground