Pages

26.01.2014- A Champagne Occasion with Waitrose

Sunday, 26 January 2014

I don't know about you, but I always tend to find January a struggle. A six week wait for payday, combined with gloomy weather and the inevitable deflation after the end of the festive season all add up to make the start to the new year pretty tough going- particularly if you're feeling a bit run down or didn't get much of a chance to relax over Christmas. Put simply, January is a month which definitely needs to be punctuated by some special goings on to make it bearable- if you follow me on Instagram, then you'll know that I've been enjoying some lovely food, trips to the theatre and exhibition visits- all in an attempt to avoid the winter blues. So, when the lovely Megan got in touch on behalf of Waitrose with details of their Champagne Occasion celebration, I jumped at the chance to take part:


Making January more bearable with a special treat is something which Waitrose really appreciate- and until the end of the month they are offering customers a free bottle of champagne when they place an online order. Whilst I'm not a big drinker, the opportunity to take part in the 'Random Act of Thank You' aspect of the campaign really appealed to me, so I opted to treat my mum to a champagne shaped treat, as well as some favourite food goodies. Both of us had a pretty tough 2013, and if I'm honest we're still recovering from my dad being pretty seriously ill this time last year. We didn't really get much time to enjoy the last twelve months at all, and after a hectic Christmas, treating her to a bottle of fizz and some chocolate shaped indulgences seemed like a perfect way to say thank you. We enjoyed our goodies (lemonade for me!) whilst working our way through The Hollow Crown on DVD, and it was really lovely to be able to take some quality time out to relax after a stressful few months. 

A big thank you to Waitrose and Megan for making our January a lot less gloomy!

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Hollow Crown and a glass of champers, could it get any better? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good old Waitrose, eh? Those treats look so yummy! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground