Pages

15.02.2014- What's In My Makeup Bag: Bobbi Brown Beauty

Saturday, 15 February 2014

As I've hinted a few times before, I'm really no expert when it comes to all things beauty based, but over the last year or so, I've definitely been paying a lot more attention to my day to day routine, particularly when it comes to skincare. I've always had problem skin, which tends to err on the oily side and throughout my teenage years I suffered quite badly with spots, some of which have left me with a few scars here and there. Fast forward ten years or so, and I'm still prone to the odd breakout (my chin in particular seems to bear the brunt!), but with a relatively fuss free approach to cleansing (thank heaven for the Clarisonic!) and some clean eating, my skin has definitely settled down. Having said that, since discovering the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser about a year or so ago, I've definitely recognised the value of having a well stocked makeup bag, and have recently added to my anti-blemish arsenal with a few hero products from Bobbi Brown: 

 Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain & Bobbi Brown Touch Up Stick in Porcelain, both via John Lewis.

Throughout my teenage years, I was a loyal fan of Rimmel's concealer stick, but after they changed the formulation I struggled to find a shade which was the right match for my skin tone (i.e pale as a ghost!). I then progressed on to Vichy's Dermablend, which I still really love but which isn't really long wearing enough for long days at work and the temperature challenges presented by London transport! So, a few weekends ago I opted to invest in some Bobbi Brown products, primarily as I'd heard such good things about them from friends and read countless glowing reviews online. First up, the Touch Up Stick, which is ideal for adding an extra layer of coverage to the areas of my face which are more blemish prone than usual. The formulation of this is pretty much perfect- it's really light but still offers plenty of camouflage, and is a dream at disguising some of angrier breakouts which I get. Worth noting too that this shade (Porcelain) is pretty much a perfect colour match for my Tinted Moisturiser, so no problems with switching between brands here- thank goodness! 

The Creamy Concealer is perhaps one of Bobbi Brown's best known and best-selling products, and I picked this up in an attempt to add a little bit more balance to my complexion, and to try and mask the hereditary dark circles which seem to have taken up residence under my eyes! Again, this is perfect- all it requires is a few gentle dabs to build up a light layer of coverage, and is obviously something which you can use more or less of depending on how tired you a) look and b) feel. Definitely a dream duo which I'm sure I'll be repurchasing again! 

Are you a fan of Bobbi Brown products? Have you tried the Creamy Concealer or the Touch Up Stick? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh the touch up stick sound very interesting, I've always pined over the foundation stick too xx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground