Pages

21.02.2014- The Suitcase Shortlist

Friday, 21 February 2014

If there was ever a motivation to get away in search of some winter sun, then surely the great British weather is one of them. Although the snow hasn't put in an appearance quite yet, I think it's fair to say that most of us have seen enough rain and heard enough howling wind to last us a lifetime, leaving no hesitation in most of our minds about the necessity of escaping to sunnier shores as soon as possible. I'm lucky enough to be heading off to Morocco this weekend with some lovely blogger buddies for some much needed vitamin D and a really relaxing change of pace- and finding out that where we are going was used as a filming location in Game of Thrones has only added to my excitement! Before my trip to Edinburgh last year, I'd never really understood the 'weekend break' phenomenon, but having had a really lovely time there, I'm really eager to expand my horizons further in 2014- although accommodating all of my holiday essentials in one small carry on bag presents a challenge which I'm seriously starting to think should constitute some sort of Olympic sport! With this in mind, I've been keeping my eyes well and truly peeled for some suitcase essentials over the last few weeks:

 photo suitcase_zpsd28b4d29.jpg
Autograph Luxury Rich Floral Cotton Trousers, £79 & Cotton Rich Floral Cropped Top, £79, both M&S/Je Voudrais Sweatshirt, £75, Whistles/Leather Shoulder Bag, £79, Cos/Animal Print Casual Shoes, £39.99, Clarks/Cream Placement Floral Shirt, £35, River Island/Fujifilm Instax Camera, £54, Amazon/Statement Colourful Necklace, £28, Warehouse/Petra Oversize Round Sunglasses, £16, Topshop.


This printed floral combination was one of the highlights of the M&S SS14 press day for me, and it definitely pulls some serious punches when it comes to ticking all sorts of new season trend boxes. Not only is the floral print a real winner, but the cropped style earns serious brownie points, and this is a real statement look which I think is perfect for summer holidays. On a more practical note, it also seems a really versatile investment- the trousers are ideal for pairing with a basic tee and the blouse would be lovely with a maxi skirt. We all know that I can't resist a slogan sweatshirt, and this one from Whistles (where else!!) has rocketed to the top of my wishlist- and it's a super savvy purchase if you're worried about any language barriers, don't you think?! The skate shoe has become a real staple of mine over the last few months, and this pair from Clarks offer a really trendy twist on a great basic, and are a perfect practical alternative to sandals or flip flops- perfect if you plan on doing lots of walking! 

Whilst decanting the contents of your handbag into a hand luggage bag might prove a daunting prospect, there's definitely something quite liberating about only taking essentials, especially if you're a serial hoarder like me! This cross body style from Cos is the perfect minimalist addition to any wardrobe, and a real must-have for any short breaks in the planning. Pretty florals are more or less essential for any sunny weather, and this River Island shirt is a real find- great for teaming with a more casual look or dressing up with some statement accessories. Capturing holiday snaps has never been easier thanks to the abundance of gadgets which most of us have at our disposal, but part of me really misses having tangible souvenirs of special moments- this Fujifilm camera has been on my shopping list for ages, and is something which I'm sure I'll be picking up before too long- I'm determined to rediscover the art of putting a photo album together. With statement accessories in mind, look no further than this gorgeous necklace from Warehouse, which encompasses the perfect palette of summer holiday colours, and these amazing oversized, vintage inspired sunglasses from Topshop. 

Are you planning any exciting holidays?

(Image credit: M&S, Whistles, Cos, Clarks, River Island, Amazon, Warehouse and  Topshop.)

4 comments:

  1. ooh jealous, enjoy your mini break! Where are you going? Marrakesh is amazing! Love the M&S ensemble too, gorgeous florals x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that top and trousers combination, M&S are really knocking it out of the park recently!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has given me ideas for my April City break to Rome- Cabin Luggage only has me slightly panicked already! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need that Whistles jumper in my life! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground