Pages

02.03.2014- What I Wore Today #173

Sunday, 2 March 2014

As I mentioned in my suitcase shortlist post from a little while ago, packing light is definitely a challenge which goes hand in hand with planning a weekend break away. I remember that for my last proper holiday to Spain a few years ago, I more or less rammed my suitcase closed, but only ended up wearing about 40% of what I'd packed. Fast forward to my trip to Edinburgh last October and I definitely had to downsize- particularly as flying with easyJet doesn't really allow much scope for excess baggage without being made bankrupt! Streamlining my wardrobe for our trip to Dar Lazuli was something which I really enjoyed, especially as it gave me an excuse to rediscover some of my favourite pieces from last summer:

Blouse- Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo 
Trousers- Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo 
Shoes- Converse 
Bag- Vintage (via Rokit) 
Sunglasses- Vintage
Watch- Olivia Burton

This printed top and trouser combination from Celia Birtwell's collaboration with Uniqlo was one of my savviest purchases from last year, and something which I got a fair bit of wear out of too. So, when the time came to pack my suitcase for our trip to Essaouira it was a pairing which I just had to make room for. Not only did the combination of blue and white tie in perfectly with our picturesque surroundings, but on a more practical note it was the perfect outfit to wear for exploring the town before heading to the beach to soak up some much needed sunshine. 

Do you find it easy to travel light?

(Image credit: Sarah Sandiford, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! I find it easy to travel light when I have to carry my bag myself - definitely makes me leave out those extra pairs of shoes that I probably won't end up wearing anyway! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky that you've been able to wear some of your summer wardrobe already! I'm longing for that moment xx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great print combination, you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that shirt and trouser combo is amazing! Love how you styled it, what a great find!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the all out Celia Birtwell print! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground