Pages

09.03.2014- What I Wore Today #174

Sunday, 9 March 2014

Spending a few days in Morocco at the end of last month not only provided a much needed break from the frenetic pace of life in London, but also the opportunity to catch up on some glorious sunshine. The temperatures were distinctly warmer than those we had been used to, and it was lovely to be able to explore wearing only lightweight basics rather than wrapped up in winter woollies and heavy coats. On our second day, after visiting a Berber market and Argan Oil co-operative, we headed back to the Riad for some rest and relaxation, which gave me the opportunity to dig out some fair weather wardrobe favourites:
T Shirt- & Other Stories 
Skirt- American Apparel 
Scarf- Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo 
Sunglasses- Vintage

Block colour basics have become real go-to staples for me of late, and in my quest for the perfect black tee, I picked up this one from & Other Stories at the end of last year. It's a little thicker than some of my previous purchases, but the wool mix has made it a true essential over the last few months, and it proved the perfect holiday basic as well. This maxi skirt from American Apparel is a real perennial favourite too, but a piece which I don't get to wear nearly as often as I would like at home- hence, when I checked the forecast for Essaouira, it was speedily added to my suitcase! I accessorised this outfit with a burst of print in the shape of this Celia Birtwell for Uniqlo scarf- well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?! 

What are your suitcase essentials? 

(Image credit: Elodie Russo, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. Love this outfit - I wish I had more opportunities to wear my maxi skirt! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground