Pages

15.03.2014- What I Wore Today #176

Saturday, 15 March 2014

With spring seemingly well, springing, into action over the weekend, I'm sure I'm not the only one who eagerly ditched my jumper and 100 deniers in favour of some transitional favourites. It might sound strange but I always forget how refreshing the arrival of spring is- there's just something so energising about waking up to glorious sunshine and seeing everything coming back to life after the winter, as well as a definite optimism about what the following months have in store. With last Sunday providing us with the hottest day of the year so far, I dug out a recent purchase which had been waiting in my wardrobe for the perfect opportunity to escape: 

Dress- ASOS 
Jacket- Zara 
Shoes- Adidas (c/o JD Sports) 
Sunglasses- Topshop 

For a casual weekend catch up with some of my best blogging friends in the city, this dress was pretty much perfect. It's a piece which caught my eye on the ASOS website about a month or so ago, and, having been an indecisive Annie about it, I left it too long and it promptly sold out. Cue manically refreshing the 'back in stock' section of the website until it reappeared- in some hit and miss size options which I returned until ordering this one- a little bigger than my usual size but which seemed to fit better- I'm really not a fan of being uncomfortable in what I'm wearing, so I'll take a slightly oversized look over something constricting any day of the week! Teamed with a trusty jacket from Zara, a pair of my favourite trainers (enhancing the comfort factor of course!) and some statement sunglasses, this seemed like the perfect way to welcome in spring- and fingers crossed it will make more than just a fleeting appearance!

Have you stocked up on any spring essentials?

(Image credit: Elodie Russo, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. That dress is so cool! Lovely outfit :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this dress, so simple and summery. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh love the assymetry of the dress Sarah! I'm so not Spring ready... really need to get shopping! <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously love this dress Sarah, and I love the settings too, they totes match the colour palette ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fab dress, so unusual!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground