Pages

15.04.2014- What I Wore Today #181

Tuesday, 15 April 2014

The glorious weather at the moment is certainly providing plenty of inspiration when it comes to reinvigorating my wardrobe. It's lovely to see so many bright, vibrant new season pieces in the shops (Zara and Mango are killing it at the moment!), and over Easter I'm determined to have a ruthless clear out and de-clutter my collection of clothes. If you follow me on Instagram, then you'll have seen that over the weekend I took my lovely mum to Claridge's for a belated Mother's Day afternoon tea, and we also paid a visit to the amazing David Bailey: Stardust exhibition at The National Portrait Gallery. With plenty of 60s inspiration in mind, I put together an outfit which married together some new season favourites: 

 Coat- Cos 
Blouse- Zara 
Trousers- River Island 
Shoes- Topshop 
Bag- Boden
Sunglasses- ASOS 

I know, I know- another coat. As my mum says, I could open my own shop, but I'm pretty sure that my penchant for outerwear stems from year long exposure to the truly unpredictable British weather. After all, when you spend 99% of your life wearing a coat, it's nice to have plenty of variety, isn't it?! This pastel pink design is from Cos, and comes with a detachable collar- so technically two for the price of one! It's a really simple addition to my wardrobe, perfectly treading the line between a modern aesthetic and a vintage inspired silhouette. We all know that I'm a huge fan of the printed trouser, and this pair from River Island are a real favourite from their new season drop. The pastel tones are just perfect for this time of year, and they are seriously comfortable too- passing the 'I've eaten too much cake' waistband test with flying colours. Here I teamed them with a much worn basic in the shape of this staple Zara blouse, but can't wait to style them with lots of other favourites too. Accessories wise, these sunglasses were an absolute steal from the ASOS sale a little while back, and post payday I treated myself to this bag from Boden- not only do I adore the vibrant gold colour, but the cross body, boxy style is perfectly practical and ideal for accommodating all of my essentials. 

How have you been preparing for the new season? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Sarah this is my favourite outfit of yours! Probably ever! The sixties silhouettes suit you so much! Those glasses <3 I'll also be copying you and getting those trousers ASAP xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh Zara has me drooling over their recent collections -- amazing work!
    Ah, I've been wanting to invest in a pretty pastel coat, but never finding the right one -- I mean I see them online but I'm wary about the fit.
    Either way, LOVE your look -- especially the plaid trousers. They make for a great pairing with the coat.

    sampzandsuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground