Pages

18.04.2014- Beauty Buying: Neal's Yard Remedies Coconut Oil

Friday, 18 April 2014

As far as cult beauty products go, as a rule I'm always fairly late to the party. Having only discovered the wonders of argan oil following my trip to Morocco in February, I've been shouting from the rooftops about how much I love it to anyone who will listen (and not run a mile!) Since starting my current job eighteen months or so ago, I've been faced with the prospect of the dreary daily commute, and rapidly realised that I'd need to update my skincare routine, if only to make it better equipped to deal with the grime and pollution of Central London, as well as my daily jaunts on London Underground. After investing in Laura Mercier's wondrous tinted moisturiser and rediscovering the Clarisonic, I've recently been converted to the wonderful world of facial oil. As someone who is rather breakout prone and errrs on the oily side of the skin spectrum, I had been rather reticent to slather my skin in an extra layer of goo. However, after discovering the miraculous properties of argan, I've been converted to all things oil based- and after hearing amazing things about coconut oil, I decided to take the plunge and try it for myself: 

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, £9, Neal's Yard Remedies

All hail a true mulch-purpose beauty treasure. This pretty little pot of magic cost me a bargain £9 from Neal's Yard Remedies, and it's the most versatile product ever. From cleansing to moisturising- and even cooking- this does it all. I've been using it every day since I bought it about three weeks ago and have barely made a dent in it, so it's a definite value for money purchase too. I've found it's fantastic at taking off makeup before hopping into the shower at the end of the day- particularly stubborn eye products and mascara. I've also been combing it through my hair pre-shampoo and have really noticed a difference in how manageable my usually ultra-unruly locks have become, as well as an extra shine which is a dream if you're ultra lazy when it comes to using other styling products (like I am!) Finally, it turns out that coconut oil is an absolute moisturising godsend- so much so that I've been shunning my habitual body butters in favour of a handful of this every day. It's really helped with combating dryness and dull, post-winter skin, and I'm confident it's going to become a real summer beauty staple too. 

Have you tried coconut oil as part of your beauty regime?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Nice review. I love cooking with it and am seeing so many more benefits assigned to it than just skin care. I have even seen it being used as a natural, organic sun screen.....but I am waiting to read more scientific evidence as I'd hate to burn.
    Did you know you can shop online?
    https://uk.nyrorganic.com/shop/kathygower



    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous outfits so springy, haha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love coconut oil - I have one for beauty needs and another for cooking! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground