Pages

23.04.2014- What I Wore Today #182

Wednesday, 23 April 2014

After a lovely, relaxing long Bank Holiday (can the weekend always be four days long please?!), I've treated myself to the rest of the week off work! I've been feeling a little bit tired and run down of late, so a little break is just what the doctor ordered, and in between indulging in far too many chocolate eggs, I've been using my time to tackle some all important life admin, catch up with friends and indulge my adventurous side. Yesterday, my lovely uni friend Kate and I took a road trip through three counties (!) to visit the beautiful Bodiam Castle, situated in the picturesque East Sussex countryside:

Coat- Limited Edition from Marks and Spencer
Blouse- Mint Vintage via ASOS Marketplace
Jeans- Topshop
Bag- Boden
Sunglasses- ASOS
Shoes- Vans c/o Surfdome

How amazing is this location?!! Future outfit posts will certainly have a lot to live up to, and somehow I don't think that my back garden is going to be able to hold a candle to such spectacular surroundings! I'd never visited Bodiam before, but had a brilliant time exploring- keep your eyes peeled for a feature-length post all about my adventure coming soon. It's such a stunning building, and surrounded by miles and miles of lush green fields- the perfect antidote to the pollution heavy, busy London which usually dominates my day. Outfit wise, I opted to keep things quite simple here, pairing an old favourite in the shape of this red blouse from Mint Vintage with my staple jeans from Topshop and ultra-comfortable Vans. I've had this lovely navy blue coat from Marks and Spencer in my wardrobe for a fair few months now, but I think that this is the first time I've featured it in an outfit post. Part of their Limited Edition range, it's a piece which I snapped up during a 20% off promo weekend and it's proved a super savvy investment, particularly as it's so easy to wear, and really warm- ideal for transitional dressing and our unpredictable weather! Keeping things practical, I also reached for some favourite accessories in the shape of my Boden bag and ASOS sunglasses.

How did you spend your Easter weekend? And what are your favourite practical purchases?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. Really lovely location! I love it when I'm somewhere a little fancy and I think ooh this would be a perfect background for my shoot! Haha xx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground