Pages

25.04.2014- Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty at the V&A

Friday, 25 April 2014

One of the best things about living a stone's throw away from central London is having access to the abundance of exhibitions which take place here. Only a few weekends ago, I popped along to the National Portrait Gallery for the David Bailey: Stardust exhibition, and you might remember that last year I was lucky enough to visit Buckingham Palace for both the annual opening of The State Rooms, and their In Fine Style installation. Sometimes having such easy access to so many amazing cultural highlights means you take it for granted a little bit, and I know I'm guilty of tending to avoid attractions which are likely to be ultra busy, especially at the weekends. Having said that, next year I'm determined to brave as many people as I'm sure will be clamouring for a ticket to one of the most exciting exhibitions London has played host to in recent years- Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty at the V&A. 


I'd heard whisperings a little while ago that the Metropolitan Museum of Art's stunning 2011 exhibition of Lee McQueen's breathtaking work would be heading across the Atlantic, and am so so pleased it will be finding a home at the V&A next year. The McQueen pieces made up some of the most memorable at the Isabella Blow exhibition which I visited at Somerset House at the start of the year, and I can't wait to explore Savage Beauty for myself when it opens here in London next March. McQueen's work is undoubtedly some of the most visionary, creative and evocative to be presented on the catwalk, and to have the opportunity to celebrate his skill, talent and legacy on home soil is certainly going to be very special indeed. 

Tickets are on sale from the V&A now, so definitely worth booking early to avoid disappointment! 

Are you excited about the Savage Beauty exhibition?

(Image credit: Metropolitan Museum of Art.)

1 comment:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground