Pages

28.04.2014- What I Wore Today #183

Monday, 28 April 2014

After my trip to Bodiam Castle at the beginning of last week, I made the most of the rest of my break from work with a little jaunt down to Brighton! Considering it's just a quick trip away on the train, I really don't know why I don't pop down more often, but whenever I do visit I never seem to have enough time to cram everything in. I'm definitely thinking about spending a weekend down there soon so I can finally get around to exploring The Lanes properly (rather than just making a speedy detour to Snooper's Paradise!), visiting the Royal Pavilion and enjoying some traditional seaside-themed grub on the beach- any other Brighton recommendations on a postcard please! Anyway, with the sun dubiously appearing through the clouds, I reached for a purchase from last year which has been patiently sitting in my wardrobe in anticipation of the perfect opportunity to make a cheeky escape:

Coat- Topshop
Blouse- Zara
Trousers- c/o F&F
Bag- Boden
Shoes- Gap
Sunglasses- Vintage

I hesitate to call this a coat, but it's not really a jacket either, is it?! This marble effect piece was something which I featured in a shopping post last August (!), and I think I snapped it up in the Topshop sale last winter. I wasn't 100% sure whether it was a keeper or not, but it seems to work teamed with simple, basic pieces, and taps in nicely to the paintbox aesthetic which is popping up in the shops at the moment too. It's also really lightweight, so ideal for throwing on on balmy days without risking getting chilly arms (hurry up summer!) Here I wore it over some staple favourites from Zara and F&F, topping things off with my new bag from Boden and my favourite pair of sunglasses- picked up from the aforementioned Snooper's Paradise well over a year ago!

Do you have any pieces stashed away in your wardrobe?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

6 comments:

  1. Let's do a Dream Team jaunt to Brighton!! Makes sense, non? Looking looovely as ever. I have many a forgotten piece stashed away in the 'drobe, let's not remind each other of our collective spending habits... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the all-black basis of your outfit. The trousers and blouse look really gorgeous!

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this coat - perfect for this time of year! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to visiting Brighton and having a wander around the Lanes too, I've never been!
    Your coat is so nice, such a bold piece, I love it! All of my fun stash-away pieces are sadly stashed in another country since I didn't have room to pack all my exciting things when I moved over here.. but I'm just using that as an excuse to buy new pieces haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This coat/jacket/'layer'is gorgeous, I love the marble type print!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those trousers look insanely comfortable x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground