Pages

05.05.2014- Skincare Spotlight: REN

Monday, 5 May 2014

Up until recently, I was a real creature of habit as far as my skincare routine was concerned. However, with my skin proving rather a lot more breakout prone of late, the change in seasons seemed like the perfect opportunity to switch things up a bit and introduce some new products into my day to day regime. With Marks & Spencer running a beauty promotion a few weeks back, I seized the opportunity to snap up some pieces from REN- getting my hands on a whole selection of free minis to try out too. I'd heard really good things about the brand, and their 100% natural ingredients philosophy is definitely something worth investing in- particularly if your skin, like mine, errs on the sensitive side of the spectrum. I'm working my way through their Clarimatte Detox Mask as we speak, but for now let's focus on some cleansing essentials which I've been loving of late: 

Ren Rosa Centifolia Foaming Cleanser & 3-in-1 Cleansing Water
REN's Rosa Centifolia foaming cleanser is actually something which I picked up from Peter Jones before work a few weeks back, having run out of Clinique's Anti Blemish version- which, ironically, made me breakout like a goodun'! This light, rose scented face wash is the perfect way to wake my face up of a morning, and is also a great first step in my evening cleaning routine. It lathers up really nicely too, so it only takes a couple of pumps to get your face squeaky clean. Whilst it's probably a bit early to proclaim this a 'miracle product', I've definitely noticed a change in my complexion since using it, and my face feels far less dry since I've introduced it into my routine. It's lovely and gentle, and on no makeup days all I use is this and some moisturiser- and my skin feels so much better for it. Sometimes less is more, eh?

Complementing the cleanser is the 3-in-1 Cleansing Water, another really gentle, lightly fragranced product which is a really welcome addition to my skincare routine. I'm not really one for toners as most of the ones which I've tried in the past have proved far too harsh for my face, but over the last few months I'd been using Loréal's Skin Perfection Micellar Water to get rid of any leftover makeup post-shower. Whilst it agreed with my skin and did the job well enough, it didn't seem to be doing anything to improve my skin- but this little beauty from REN ticks all the cleansing boxes possible. A few drops on some cotton wool is all is takes to quickly swipe away any traces of mascara, and it's really soothing on the skin, especially at the end of a day of sweating/London pollution/general grime! It's lovely to be using products which you can see and feel are making a real difference to your skin, and I'm more or less certain than this cleansing combination is one which I'm going to stick to. 

Have you tried any REN products? What did you think?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground