Pages

15.05.2014- What I Wore Today #186

Thursday, 15 May 2014

Aaah, the ever unpredictable British weather- it's good to know that we can count on you to never play by the rules! With the last week or so being punctuated by sunshine and showers (with the odd hail storm thrown in for good measure!), the transition from season to season is proving something of a sartorial minefield. As I type this, I'm bundled up in a jumper and woolly socks, but with temperatures set to soar over the weekend, I'm looking forward to digging out some sunny style staples- and a reverting to a recent combination too: 


Jacket- Topshop 
Tee- Whistles (c/o Westfield London) 
Jeans- Reiss 1971 
Shoes- Gap

This jacket from Topshop has been lurking in the back of my wardrobe for an absolute eternity, and is a piece which I've struggled to style ever since I picked it up during a post Saturday-job splurge in the sale a good three years or so ago. Nothing like a 50% discount to seduce you into spur of the moment payday purchase eh?! Anyway, I'd hidden it away after getting it home and realising that if I wore it I'd be treading a seriously fine line between looking cool and looking like I belonged in an episode of Miami Vice. Fast forward a few years, and after rediscovering it in the recesses of my wardrobe, we've given things a second chance. I don't know if I'm loving it more the second time around because my style has evolved a little bit since I bought it, or because as I've gotten a bit older I've become less concerned with how things look- perhaps it's a bit of both! Anyway, this is definitely a piece which I'm sure is well on the way to becoming a summer staple, and here I teamed it with another new favourite in the shape of this 'Je t'adore' tee from Whistles. We all know that I can't resist a French slogan, and when I spied this tee in Westfield with Elodie a few weeks ago, I swiftly snapped it up. It's already proven to be a real go to basic and is perfect for layering with other pieces in this tricky transitional weather. Finally, these jeans were another sale purchase from Reiss last year (can you sense a theme here?!!) and I've fallen back in love with them over the last few weeks- another example of the perfect wardrobe essential. 

What are your favourite basic pieces?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Sarah you're such a style icon! My style icon!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! That tshirt is so cute, and looks great with the blazer! I'm a big fan of blazers myself, can't go wrong with a good pair of jeans and a nice fitting jacket!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground