Pages

24.05.2014- What I Wore Today #187

Saturday, 24 May 2014

After last weekend's gorgeous sunny spell, I've been itching to pack away my woolly jumpers and winter coats in favour of some summer essentials. I'm not a great fan of flashing the flesh the moment the tiniest ray of sunshine appears- and after this week's commuting escapades I'm still not convinced that beachwear belongs anywhere other than at the seaside or in your holiday wardrobe- certainly not on the Tube anyway! As a rule, my summer favourites tend to be more vibrant versions of my staple favourites and I'm always on the lookout for pretty prints and basic, easy to wear pieces to style for the sunnier weather. Last Sunday, I reached for some new favourites:

Blouse- c/o Madia & Matilda 
Trousers- c/o Boden 
Sandals- River Island (via ASOS) 
Sunglasses- ASOS 
Watch- Olivia Burton 

When the lovely Shalize from Madia & Matilda got in touch to introduce me to her pieces and the opportunity to style some favourites, I couldn't say no. Taking discarded pieces and upcycling them with a distinct nod to vintage inspiration and sustainable ethics, Madia & Matilda was founded in 2013. This gorgeous cream blouse from them is my favourite type of summer staple- light and loose but with pretty details too. I love the lace additions around the sleeves and neckline here, and this is such a versatile pieces- I can't wait to team it with some of my existing wardrobe favourites. Last weekend, I paired it with these rather jazzy printed trousers from Boden which are set to prove another summer favourite, and these new sandals from River Island. I'd been after something a bit sturdier than my favourite flip flops for a while and after spying these had sold out online, I searched high and low for them in store- but to no avail. Thankfully ASOS came to the rescue and I snapped up the only size eights left-serendipitous or what?!! 

What have you been wearing during the sunny weather? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.) 

1 comment:

  1. Love this outfit - the blouse is so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground