Pages

07.06.2014- Beauty Buys: Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick

Saturday, 7 June 2014

Up until about a year or so ago, I always tended to err on the side of caution as far as lipstick was concerned, but after discovering some favourites including the Nars lip pencils and Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine products, I've become a little bit more adventurous and have been seeking out some new products to add to my stash. As well as being an instant mood booster, I've also found that adding a little burst of colour to my make up routine can work miracles in lifting my complexion, particularly if my skin is looking a little bit breakout prone or the dreaded dark circles have returned with a vengeance. In the same week that I made the most of the epic 3 for 2 promotion on cosmetics in Boots to stock up on some Essie treats, I also discovered some new favourites from Max Factor, in the shape of their Colour Elixir Lipsticks:

(From left: English Rose, Ruby Tuesday & Bewitching Coral.)

It's always a little bit of a gamble picking up beauty bits on the spur of the moment, but sometimes an impulse purchase can prove really rewarding- and this is certainly the case with these pout perfecting products.  I plumped for this trio of colours as they make quite a pretty spectrum and perfectly fill a couple of gaps in my make up collection. English Rose is a pale pink with a sheer finish, and is a really purse friendly alternative to Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in Boy (otherwise known as my favourite lipstick of all time!) It's an easy to wear summer shade, with quite a natural finish, so definitely one to pick up if you want quite a neutral look. Ruby Tuesday is a vivid red, but unlike the majority of bolder colours which are in my beauty stash, this isn't matte, so again is ideal for creating a more subtle, warm weather ready look. Bewitching Coral more or less does what it says on the tin and offers an understated, warmer pink tone infused with a pinch of orange, and I can imagine this looking amazing with a tan (come on English summer!) I've been wearing each of these on a fairly steady rotation since I picked them up about a month ago, and I really haven't been disappointed. Thanks to their shea, avocado and white tea infused formulation they are mega moisturising, which not only makes them fantastically hassle free but also means that they don't leave you with that horrible chapped feeling which you can occasionally get from products which are more drying. They also hold up amazingly throughout the course of the day- no more worrying about making a mess of your mouth when devouring your Pret sandwich or downing a cup of tea! Reapplication is also ultra-easy, as they glide on in seconds. Safe to say that I'm very impressed!

Have you tried Max Factor's Colour Elixir Lipsticks? What did you think?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try Boy so I guess I have to get English Robe. Oh and Bewitching Coral... Just because.

    - Elodie x

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks I'll be making a trip to boots. Not that I need an excuse!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these lipsticks, the Pink Brandy shade is gorgeously peachy!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground