Pages

09.06.14- What I Wore Today #190

Monday, 9 June 2014

Summer in the city. Four little words that tend to fill me with dread! Commuting around London is pretty manic at the best of times, but when the weather gets warmer, it takes on a whole new (hellish!) dimension. The lack of air conditioning on the Underground means that when the temperatures soar it tends to get rather sweaty- and last year when we had a mini heatwave, I can remember being sat outside Earl's Court, sweltering and thinking 'will this ever end??!' Not so much fun! This year, I've decided that preparation is key- and as well as concocting an arsenal of ice cold drinks to pop into my handbag, I've been preparing a stealthy summer wardrobe to ensure I get from a to b without getting too flustered (last August I wore a pleather top around town for the day...not so sensible!) Last weekend, I made the most of the burst of sunshine and headed to the river wearing one of my favourite new pieces, ideally tailored for the summertime...

Dress- Next
Bag- Zara
Sunglasses- H&M
Shoes- Flossy (via Office)
Watch- Michael Kors c/o John Lewis

After spying this dress from Next being worn so beautifully by some of the team at their recent press day, it was a piece which seemed like the perfect summer treat. This version is from their tall range, so comes up just a tiny bit longer than the ordinary style- perfect if, like me, you sit a little bit above average on the height spectrum! It's so comfortable and easy to wear, and I can definitely see it becoming a much worn piece over the coming months, particularly as the print is the perfect sunny reflection of the lovely weather which we're being graced with at the moment. Here I paired it with some really old favourites in the shape of a pair of Flossy pumps (which I picked up for my holidays about two years ago!) and some statement sunglasses from H&M, which are also a past suitcase staple! Funny how you can rediscover lots of forgotten favourties when you have a good old clear out, isn't it?

How have you been dressing for the warm weather?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this dress, looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally got my eye on this dress. Twins?
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress - the pattern is really pretty. Haha I know what you mean about sticky journeys on the tube, they're really not fun but on the whole I love being in London over the summer! I love having picnics in the park and going to some great outdoor gigs! haha nothing a flowy dress can't solve :)

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is fantastic on you, you pull off print so well!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground