Pages

19.06.2014- What I Wore Today #191

Thursday, 19 June 2014

As I've mentioned a few times in some previous posts, it's all too rare that I get the chance to dress up for a special occasion (sob sob sob!), so when special things do pop up in my diary, I tend to go into outfit planning overdrive! Whereas in the past I may have scoured the shops high and low for that elusive 'perfect' piece of occasion wear, now I'm much more inclined to adapt pieces which are already in my wardrobe, and invest in purchases which I know I'll get plenty of wear out of in the long run. Regular readers will also be well aware that I'm something of a high heel-phobe and tend to avoid them at all costs, but when the lovely Kelsey from Duo got in touch a few weeks ago to ask if I'd like to style a pair of shoes from their new season collection, I threw caution to the wind and plumped for something which would be a definite departure from my usual favourite flats: 

Blouse- Zara 
Trousers- Sonia by Sonia Rykiel via eBay 
Shoes- c/o Duo 
Necklace- Mango 

This t-bar style pair caught my eye thanks to the contrasting gold heel- something which I think adds a really cool, modern touch. The chunkier heel is also perfect at providing a little bit if extra support and comfort- ideal if you're massively un-coordinated like I am and struggle not to trip over your own feet at the best of times! These are such a lovely basic style and I'm sure I'll get plenty of wear out of them over the summer- although my 'walking in high heels on any floor which isn't carpeted' technique definitely needs some refinement! Here I teamed them with this amazing pair of Sonia by Sonia Rykiel trousers which I found on eBay after searching for them for an eternity (and admiring Aisling's pair from afar!)- I was the only bidder and they were exactly my size too! How about that for serendipity! This sort of outfit is my take on easy, day to night dressing, and is a combination which proved ultra-comfortable and ideal for the balmy weather which we've had of late too.

Do you have any favourite 'going out' pieces? And how do you cope in high heels?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

5 comments:

  1. looove these trousers, what an amazing print :) I only ever wear heels at weddings or events where I've got a lift, can't walk in them at all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. those duo shoes are amazing.. ive heard a lot of good things lately about duo..i must try some. And i just have to very quickly say.. THOSE TROUSERS! amazeballs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trousers are so lovely! I bought a pair of trousers which have a print on it but have nooo idea what shoes to wear it with. I love the shoes you're wearing here, i'll have to look for a pair just like it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the trousers! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground