Pages

29.06.2014- Easy Eats: Smashed Avocado on Toast

Sunday, 29 June 2014

After my last foray into sharing one of my favourite quick and easy meals with you, it seemed like high time to celebrate another simple foodie treat- Smashed Avocado on Toast. I discovered the humble avocado about a year or so ago, and was convinced that I really wouldn't get on with them- but here we are a little while later and I'm a definite convert. This easy, five minute meal is one of my most prepared as it's super simple, filling and healthy- it's a real favourite to make before I head out of the door to work, and is a perfect lazy weekend brunch option too:


To begin, pop a couple of slices of wholemeal toast under the grill or into the toaster. Next up, grab your avocado- now, depending on how much you like, I'd recommend halving it and popping one segment into the fridge to use later (they tend to keep for a few days or so). Take out the filling, removing the stone and pop into a bowl, mashing lightly with a fork. Next up, I tend to add a few things just to give it a little more flavour- a pinch of salt, some black pepper, a splash of vinegar and little spoonful of salad cream. This is purely a matter of personal taste, but I find that the avocado without any sort of dressing can be a little on the bland side, so adding a few extra ingredients really helps to boost the flavour. Mix everything together in the bowl, before taking your toast out from under the grill, plating up and spreading the avocado on top. Season with a little more black pepper to taste, or add another topping of your choice. 

And there you go- a super simple meal which can be ready in minutes and is pretty healthy too. I'm on the search for some more avocado recipes, so be sure to check out my food themed board on Pinterest for some ideas!

Are you a fan of avocado? What are your favourite easy meals?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. I've been on an avocado on toast kick recently as well, can't seem to get enough lately! So simple and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love avocado on toasts! I usually add a little bit of salt, a LOT of pepper and a dash of tabasco to mine... DELICIOUS!

    - Elodie x
    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love avocado on toast but have shamefully never made it myself! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground