Pages

01.07.2014- Summer Holiday Style: Tropical Travels

Tuesday, 1 July 2014

After my foray into styling something for a city break at the start of last week, I'm back with the second installment in my Summer Holiday Style series, this time focusing on something a little more tropical. It's rather sad to admit, but in my 24 years I've never been anywhere that you could classify as truly tropical, but after really enjoying my visit to Morocco back in February, I'm determined to become a little bit more adventurous with my planning. I've been soaking up all sorts of inspiration on Pinterest, and have been really enjoying catching up with Simon Reeve's brilliant Tropic of Cancer on DVD (taking binge watching to the next level!)- so I've got  plenty of food for travel thought to work with. Once again, this look is all about practicality and comfort:

 photo tropical_zpsa73517a2.jpg
Ganni Printed Jungle Top, £72, Atterley Road/Shorts With Belt, £17.99, Zara/Rose Gold Wishbone Above Knuckle Ring & Rose Gold Band Above Knuckle Ring, £26 each, The Bohemian Collective/Goodnight Moon Sunglasses, £15, Free People/Lurex Braid Floppy Hat, £19, Accessorize/Tan Leather Shoulder Bag, £75, Olive Clothing/Butterfly Blossom Scarf, £10, Oasis/Safari Flask, £16, Cath Kidston/Toucan Resin iPhone Case, Kate Spade/Chambray Skate Shoes, £22.99, Gap

This Ganni shirt from Atterley Road is a summer must-have if ever I saw one! The print is perfect if you're heading off on holiday, and it's an ideal versatile basic which could be styled in lots of different looks. Speaking of versatile pieces, you'd be hard pushed to find a more worn holiday essential than the humble pair of denim shorts, and these ones from Zara have already made their way into my shopping basket. The relaxed fit makes them perfect for warm summer days, and again they really are a one stop shop in terms of being seriously easy to style. I've mentioned in the past that when I go away I tend to only pack  a selection of my favourite jewellery, and these above knuckle rings from The Bohemian Collective are definitely summer staples in the making. With a more bohemian feel in mind, these 60s inspired sunglasses from Free People are another practical thing to pack, as is this gorgeous floppy hat from Accessorize- perfect for keeping the sun at bay if you're heading somewhere ultra-hot.

If you've got a more adventurous break on the horizon, then the last thing you want to be doing is carrying around the kitchen sink in your bag (says the person who more or less carried her own body weight in a backpack on the way to Morocco!), so this shoulder bag from Olive is a great alternative- just big enough to accommodate all of your essentials, and easy to sling over your body as you embark on your trip. Clashing your prints is another sure-fire way to inject a more bohemian feel into your holiday look, and Oasis have a great selection of patterned scarves which are ideal for mixing things up a little bit- this butterfly design is a real favourite of mine at the moment.

Now, if you're anything like me, you'll know that one of the most important considerations which comes with going away is where you're going to be able to get your hands on a decent cup of tea. I know, I know- a typical Brit abroad! However, if you're heading somewhere completely new then it can sometimes be nice to have a few home comforts, and it's also really important to keep hydrated if you're trekking somewhere warm, so this flask from Cath Kidston is a definite must-pack (I adore the safari print!) With vibrant designs in mind, this Kate Spade phone case is another brilliantly colourful essential which is a really worthwhile, practical purchase. Finally, keeping things comfortable, the humble skate shoe from Gap. I've been through three pairs of these since the start of the year, and they are definitely money well spent, particularly if you're going to be doing lots of walking!

Are you heading anywhere tropical on holiday?

(Image credit: Atterley Road, Zara, The Bohemian Collective, Free People, Accessorize, Olive Clothing, Oasis, Cath Kidston, Kate Spade & Gap.)

1 comment:

  1. Those shorts are gorgeous! I may have to invest ready for my hols!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground