Pages

05.07.2014- What I Wore Today #193

Saturday, 5 July 2014

If you're a savvy shopper and have been saving your pennies for the sales, then the abundance of reductions in the shops and online at the moment are sure to have caught your eye. I've posted a few times in the past about holding out for bargains, and it's a strategy which really pays off (99% of the Whistles purchases in my wardrobe are sale buys!), particularly if you've got your eye on something special. One of my favourite (and perhaps saddest!) pursuits is bookmarking a lot of my favourite pieces from season to season, and then checking to see if they've been discounted as soon as sale season starts. Since the start of the year, I've had my eye on a selection of bits and bobs, but Christopher Kane's SS14 collection has well and truly tested my willpower (and purse strings!) Having held off splurging on any full price pieces, I hastily snapped up a long bookmarked favourite when it was discounted a few weeks ago: 

Sweater- Christopher Kane (via Harvey Nichols) 
Jeans- c/o F&F 
Sandals- River Island 
Sunglasses- ASOS
Bag- Cath Kidston (past season) 

This sweatshirt really is the stuff of sartorial dreams, and it's been on my fantasy shopping list since l first saw it. When I spied that it had been reduced to over half price in the Harvey Nichols sale, I swiftly added it to my basket- and it's perhaps my savviest sale spend to date. I love the gorgeous mint green colour, and the subtle, unconventional take on the floral print definitely makes this piece stand out from the crowd. Here I teamed it with a classic comfy pair of jeans from F&F, my River Island sandals and a Cath Kidston bag which was a real summer holiday staple a few years ago- in the absence of any trips to the beach, it seemed ideal for a sunny walk in the countryside! 

Have you picked up any sale bargains? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground